Monday, July 27, 2009

Progress



We worked and worked and worked this weekend on the baby's room. To compare it today to what it looked like on Thursday, is a complete transformation. All the furniture was moved out, walls received 3 coats of pink, wainscot was placed all along the bottom part of the wall, new (child-safe) electrical outlets were put in, chandelier was hung (yes we got one!), crib was assembled, bookshelf, wall shelf and dresser received new coats of white paint, crib bedding was put on crib and changing table was set-up. I also hung up the curtains I sewed to match the bedding and I am so happy with how they pull the room together. I am hoping the newly painted furniture will be completely dry and we can move those back into the room this evening. I don't want to start hanging things on the walls until I have all the furniture in its place. So far I am really happy with how everything looks! It is so exciting to see that pink glow coming from the room. I also made a baby music play list and loaded onto my old pink ipod and set-up one of my old ipod docks in her room. So exciting to listen to the baby music as I work in her room....so much anticipation!

I have been working and working on ideas for the wall that her crib is against. Every idea I have requires mad painting skills, alot of time and perfection. Being realistic, those things would not happen so I googled my idea this afternoon and I think I found the perfect wall art that will be customized and not require me to paint...I should receive it in a week or so- hope it will work out the way it does in my head :)

I know we (hopefully) have until October but it is important to me to get this room finished by the time I go back to work. I know that i am going to be wiped out from working and not have the time or energy to put into the room. Plus, I just love going in there!

I am so proud of MSW and all of his work. His talents never cease to amaze me and the lengths he goes to please me have no limits. He worked so very hard to get everything done and I appreciate him so very much!

I'll post pictures of the room once everything is done. But for now....I leave you with a tease of what it looks like.

2 comments:

Hope said...

Can't wait to see it this week!

natalienicole said...

oh my....what a delightful peek! i remember seeing the pink shine through under the door and what joy it brought me!

did you happen to look at etsy for vinyl wall decor? your post made me think of that. share with me, sister! what did you get?

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!