Thursday, July 9, 2009

Big Brother's Room


As much planning and creating I am doing for Miss C, there was no way that I was going to leave doodle out. So, it was very important to us that we give him a new room too. This will be a place that is more big brother appropriate than his old room...a place he can go to escape a crying baby :) and a place that hopefully reminds him of how much we love him. He played a role in each stage of the planning. He had the choice to redo his current room or move into my old studio (he chose the studio), the color scheme, decorations and furniture. We picked out his bunk beds a month ago but when we went to set-up delivery after the painting was done, he switched on us and went with a full size bed instead. We were secretly more pleased with this decision as it is more practical and the whole bottom is drawers and storage! We put the finishing touches on this afternoon and so it is officially done now! I am so excited for him to have his new room and I think he is really proud of it too!



Bed-view



I let him put up glow-in-the dark star wallies which he is very excited about! Daddy's pictures of his minor league days grace the walls and his old ball caps adorn the curtain rod. You can barely catch the view of his new drawers in the left hand bottom, TV goes here and I think we will be moving the Wii into his room.


We sat up our old computer for him and set-up a desk area.


We decided to leave my storage shelves in there which work nicely for all his stuff and almost give a "locker room" feel to the room. Notice the picture to the right...MSW painted that when he was a sophomore at TLU in his Painting I class. I think he is going to get a kick out of it this evening when he sees that I a.) have held on to it this long and b.) hung it up in the room.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

natalienicole said...

this room is AWESOME! nice job, dee!

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!