Wednesday, July 15, 2009

@ 25 Weeks


Technically not until Friday, but close enough to claim the 25 week mark. And what a milestone it is....the start of the thrid trimester, the last 3 months of this beautiful journey. In some ways time has moved so quickly while in other ways it has dragged on. I am anxious (in the true sense of the word) of what the next 3 months will hold. It was at this point that my pregnancy with doodle changed. My blood pressure began to elevate requiring testing, he began to grow unbelievably big which lead to preterm labor (occapanied with a 5 night hospital stay, turbutaline and bed rest) to an early, painful delivery of a beautiful baby boy. Will the road be different this time? I have to admit that I am very nervous for Labor & Delivery but maybe not as much as MSW is for me.

At 25 weeks I have little to complain about....aside from the expected heartburn, aches and pains; I feel really good. BP last week was still really good, weight was at an OK place and I am not that hugely uncomfortable yet. I still love me some milk at bed time and could eat cheese enchiladas every night for dinner. I love buying pink and planning for a girl. I hold to the philosophy that she cannot have too much of anything pink & girlie! I often wonder what she will look like...eye color, hair color...will she resemble her brother? Will she be a good sleeper? Oh please be a good sleeper.

I wake up in the middle of the night to her little kicks and movements. It is the middle of the night that my concerns creep in. Will she be healthy, will we all adjust to this new little life? I would be remiss not to mention these things too but each morning I wake in exhilaration over this blessing.

Doodle has yet to feel her kick yet. He is just not patient enough to hold his hand still and wait to feel her. She responds to her daddy just about everytime he talks to her. It is really, really sweet.

I pee no less than 250 times a day which makes sense since I am drinking about 5 gallons of water a day. The heat is dreadful and I am concerned about my ability to cope with it through August. Why does it hit you so much harder when you are pregnant? I love to swim. To feel weightless in the water gives my cranky back a much needed break and gives me an opportunity to get in a little exercise. I will admit that I am worried about taking off the weight this time around. It all seems to be setteling in my hips this time. I am realistic that I will probably not be back at 110 6 weeks after birth like I was with doodle but I will work to eventually get back there.

Anticiapation and excitement seem like understatements when we think about our baby girl. So much love is waiting to meet her. So much love already exisits. My sweet Camy E. you are loved beyond measure.





25 weeks 086

25 weeks PN

25 weeks 054PN

**All photo credits go to my doodlebug**

1 comment:

Hope said...

Oh my! Tummy's growing; she'll be here before we know it! -- I forgot to tell you that I saw the shirt you wanted to get Caden the week after I saw you, but it would have done you no good since you were headed to the coast that next week, and I was in Dallas. Hopefully, you found one for your photo op!

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!