Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Pinkalicious!


I was trying to explain to my mom over the phone what all I collected/made for Miss C. I figured it was just as easy to blog the goodies and also provide an inventory for me. The photos are horrible- done with my P&S and did not worry about any photo-shopping either- I will do some really good pics once I have the room set-up.



Bedding...Stripes are the outside of the crib bumper and the hot pink monogrammed piece is the inside of bumper. Crib sheet is polka dots (not photographed.) Lamp- 99 cent special at Goodwill that I spiced up with some paint and ribbon. Long piece in front are her curtain panels- hot pink covers about 3/4 and then the circle dot pattern at bottom. Painted initials I did yesterday to coordinate with bedding- I will hang with brown ribbon above crib. I plan to paint the "crib wall" in the circle dot pattern. Thing hanging on the wall which is a terrible representation is her crib mobile. It is obviously not connected to the music box/movement part but once all together is cute. Little pillow (with name) will probably go on the nursery rocker to pull into matching the bedding. Any other ideas? I still have left over fabric that at $30/yard I need to use up! Can't wait to see it all together and actually on the crib!


Cupcakes are my muse for her room. Don't want to do too much throughout the room but just a little here and there- I think the whole brown/pink theme reminds me of a sweet cupcake. Felt cupcakes found at PBK will go on a little white shelf hanging next to my attempt at a canvas painting of a cupcake. The big C thing is a memory frame that will eventually hold pics of her (see the little clips at the bottom?) Hanging on the wall is the tassel I made yesterday. You can't tell but it has a blinged C and a little cupcake hanging at the bottom.

Other accessories...Using the same diaper bag (Jon Hart) just jazzed it up with some handle covers with her name. Pink monogrammed ball cap, flower headbands with bling and then a onesie with ribbon and name (matching headband). I have made 4 of the onesies/headbands in all different colors.


I have so many more ideas and projects in mind. I cannot wait for the room to be painted so that I can start putting things into their place. As you can tell the room is still doodle's blue. We did buy the paint on Sunday (Hopeful- a light bubble gum pink) and we decided that it would be easier to put white wainscoting along the bottom of the wall rather than messing with attempting to cover up the blue (which is what I was totally hoping he would conclude!) I am having so much fun! I have MSW half-way convinced to hang a chandelier in the room too- I still need to work on that a little more **wink**!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Hooper Family said...

ohhh...hang a chandelier. We hung one in Lucy's room when we moved...check around...we got hers for $30 at the same lighting store as all our other lights.

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!