The house is too quiet. Doodle is back to school and dada is back to work. Me and the girl linger in the warm covers and soak up the quiet morning. I never like the transition. As much as I long for a schedule and "regular" way of life in the midst of the holiday craze, I miss it just as much. Thankful for another week at home before I go back to reality....just would rather have this week with everyone else at home too. My list of things to do is ever growing but I am feeling really good about what I have accomplished. The house is sparkling from top to bottom and we've properly closed out all of our 2011 business. The wedding is edited, appointments are taken care of and our souls are refreshed.
We've begun 2012 in a low-key, family style. We spent New Year's day all together with a long walk, preparing a fancy meal together and setting our 2012 goals. Yesterday was our 13th wedding anniversary. MSW had to go into the office for a couple hours which gave me a chance to hit the gym. By noon, we met back up at the house and decided on a family lunch celebration versus a fancy dinner. We had a fabulous meal at Scenic Loop Cafe. The kids played and MSW and I actually had an enjoyable dining out experience with them. I am just being honest about how "not fun" it is to eat out with them (Camy) these days. But, I guess that was her anniversary gift to us! Nothing fancy but really perfect day to celebrate these 13 years.
Sunday, January 1, 2012
We did not have a huge New Year's Eve celebration this year. Back in the summer, I agreed to shoot a NYE wedding. What a beautiful day it was for the wedding and I had a great time. So, when I got home I celebrated with one glass of wine and my glitter Toms.
I did celebrate our quiet evening with my most favorite man.
And I did get my kiss at midnight!
Good-bye 2011....you were pretty good to us. Hello 2012...glad you are here and look forward to all that you have to offer!
* Always, always back up pictures to the external hard drive. Ouch, that was a hard one to learn when our hard drive crashed this summer.
* I am totally competent to handle disruptive students. Remember this and have faith in yourself.
* My suburban does not fit through the car wash at the gas station on West Ave. I will hit a pole and dent my car. Another ouch!
* Celebrate the big as well as the small. Make banners, cook special meals, write little letters of congrats and love....my kids, family and friends will remember this stuff more than anything extravagant I may do.
* I learned I have high LDL and triglycerides, resulting in aggressive diet and exercise regimens.
* I discovered Malcolm Gladwell!
* If you wait long enough, people will show you their good side.
* It's all gonna be ok with Camy's Von Willebrand's.
* I love and need my friends, crafts and 30 minutes of cardio a day...all for mental well-being.
* Drink less tea and more water.
* It is really no fun to dine out with a 2 year old. Take out or cook at home.
* A little goes a long way with MSW. Set out his bath towel, leave a little love note, pack him a lunch...I'm telling you it is all in the little things.
* 35 is not old, I'm still in my prime (36 is young too, ummmm)
* After wearing Clinique for almost 20 years, I switched to MAC and love it so much more.
* I made the switch from PC to MAC...hmmmm, just noticed the theme.
* The best Mrs. Myer's scent is Honeysuckle, with Basil being a close second.
* Don't follow the pack. Stand on my own convictions. Even when it is scary to do so.
* I can run a meeting full of pretentious PhD's. They will listen to me and not eat me alive as I was sure they would at my first running of Senate. But brush up on Robert's Rule of Order.
* I'm still going to almost faint (or really faint) when I have my blood drawn.
* Baseball is a way of life in my family.
* Paint my fingernails more often...makes me feel fancy.
Hello 2012...you are looking good!
A day at Kiddie Land Park. I remember going their as a child too. What a great afternoon. Camy enjoyed each and every ride, some of them twice. Caden was such a good brother and rode with her on everything. With him by her side, she was fearless.