Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wednesday's Menu

A couple of months ago daddy and I went to dinner at Roaring Fork. I am not sure what tickled my fancy and made me order the carnitas. It was so delicious. I have been thinking about it since then and came across a recipe to make it. The meat had to marinate overnight in a mixture of stuff like orange peels, Pepsi and soy sauce. It then had to simmer all afternoon. I went ahead and made a pot of beans to simmer right along next to it. I must admit it was pretty yummy!

Tonight's Menu
Carnitas in fresh flour tortillas (thank you bakery)
Pinto Beans
Spanish rice
sliced avocado and tomatoes

*No picture of Camarita tonight, she had the squash left over from last night.

 

Does not look to yummy sitting there simmering. However, it was sure nice just to let the beans and meat simmer all afternoon while we were swimming

 

I love to make rice. I always use organic brown and white rice and Texmati is the best! Spanish rice is a fun one to make! The bell pepper was from our garden. Sadly, only the peppers, 2 lemons and 3 peaches remain in the garden besides all the herbs in the herb garden.

 

The finished meal!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Send me the marinade recipe! That sounds delicious!!

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!