Tuesday, July 20, 2010

House tour: Part 2

Let's tour our dining room and living room. First up is the dining room. New color....doodle and I just painted this on our spring break this year. Before, it was a rustic red/orange. It was dark and I was tired of the color. I wanted something that popped in this little space. The evening sun pours into this area and I wanted a color that was bright, fun and opened up the room. Because daddy let's me do whatever I want, I picked this color. It is fun, a little crazy and blends in with the others. The furniture is a hand-me-down from momene. It used to be brown but I repainted it a couple of years ago.
 

We celebrate holidays, birthdays and other momentous meals in here. Our every day eating happens at the kitchen table.

 

The living area is mostly doodle's domain. We thought about buying new sofas but opted until the kiddos are older. doodle, you have destroyed this couch. There are marker stains, food and everything else under the cushions. If you open any cabinet you will find toys, markers, balls, etc...

 

I am working on an idea of what to put over the fireplace??? The whole room used to be a Noah's Ark theme and this painting is all that remains. Hmmm...I am thinking a personalized decal or another piece of art.

 


One might think that I am egocentric with all the family photos that hang in this room. For me photography is art and there is nothing that makes me happier than the faces of those that I love. Over kill? Possibly but I will never be convinced that I have too many family pictures in this room!

The stories behind this room that you cannot see....The corner of my marble top coffee table is hot glued together. Only doodle could be capable of breaking a marble table! This room has celebrated bridal showers, baby showers, birthdays and entertaining friends. It holds so many memories of welcoming family and friends into our home. It has been transformed into a dining area during Thanksgiving and often serves as our dance floor.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!