Monday, July 5, 2010

The Great Road Trip of 2010

 


I am pretty sure a few people thought we were crazy to attempt a long road trip. Two days on the road with a 6 year old and an 8 month? Absolutely! So many reasons that I preferred to drive this trip. It proved to be the exact right choice for our trip. We truly had the best time! "Soul Sister" became the theme song for the trip and we took in every sight that IH 10 had to offer. The kiddos were phenomenal travelers. We spent the first night in Louisiana. We toured through New Orleans and was saddened by the devastation that is still the city. New Orleans was one of our favorite pre-kids city. Our quaint hotel in the French Quarter was gone and the effects of Katrina are still all around. Sad...

We rolled through Mississippi, Alabama and Florida the next day arriving at Destin just after noon. I love Alabama! I have such an attraction to the deep south. I really enjoyed driving through! We arrived at our beach house to find a place we would have all been fine with making our permanent housing. It was lovely in every.single.way.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!