Thursday, December 4, 2008

Random Wednesday

Random things…..
The shirt I am wearing today reminds me of chocolate chip mint ice cream or the Andes mint I had last night at the Olive Garden.
See those florescent lights above my head in my office? I do not like them at all. Give me natural light!
Since you can see up my nose in this picture I should mention I had my first nose bleed on Monday night. So what if it was only a couple drops, blood should not come from your nose. I asked my Mr. if he thought I might be having a brain aneurysm but he felt confident I was just fine…then he mumbled something about being over dramatic…..whatever!
I returned graded semester papers today and one of my students burst into tears after looking at her grade. Tears because she did really well. I like those tears better than the ones I usually see in regards to students. She has had a really hard semester- she is still in a wheelchair recovering from a head on wreck she had at the beginning of the semester. Her mom and dad alternate taking her to school each day. That is some parental commitment. If only more parents could be a fraction of that involved in their kid’s education I am convinced the world would be a better place.
In 7 days we will put this semester to rest. It has been a really strange semester. We have had two fires in my building, a shooting death on a sister campus, a student who made death threats against a faculty member and just last week an employee in my department was taken away in handcuffs. Ironically, I personally have had a great semester. I have some amazing students and I will miss having them in class. However, it is time for Fall 2008 to be done.
It’s getting deep, back to a lighter note….
I was walking across campus and I sneezed (nose bleed?) and there happened to be an ambulance parked on the side street. Over their loud speaker, they yelled,” Bless you!” It was pretty funny. Maybe you had to be there.
See….I just don’t have much today. Maybe I will be more substantive tomorrow, maybe.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

R and R Stacy said...

I'm with you on the nose bleeds. I freak out and automactially think the worst.
Love your sweater by the way...
I'm making home made chocolate chips cookies tonight. We will see how they turn out.

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!