Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Vacation!

That's right....we are officially on Christmas vacation. 3 weeks of family, fun and cheer! We have already made this one to remember! With the graciousness of my parents, doodle spent the weekend with them at the river house. MSW and I attended one of my Christmas parties for work. Did I mention between Thursday am and Friday pm of last week I had 6 parties, and one funeral visitation (in Pearsall)? Sometimes I look back at my days and seriously think, "how did I just do all of that!" We spent Saturday in full Christmas shopping mode. While most of the gifts are done, it is a tradition that MSW and I spend a day of shopping together. We had a wonderful breakfast at a new place (the Egg & I in Stone Oak) and hit the shopping. I was so happy that MSW who NEVER, EVER buys anything for himself went a little crazy. I don't blame him when Macy's has their sports coats 75% off. We also found him work slacks, regularly $150 for $39.99- it was the sale of the century in regards to MSW's wardrobe.

We took a mid-day break from the shopping and went to the movies and then got back right into the shopping game- it was a great date day!

We fetched doodle on Sunday and after a visit to Momene in the hospital (in for observation of her heart), we spent the afternoon basking in the 85 degree weather. We worked in the back yard, winterizing our greenery. Doodle was an excellent helper and as I was cleaning out my herb garden I found that doodle has successfully grown carrots. How cute is that! He had planted them towards the back of the garden and all of a sudden, he showed me his harvest.

Then, the weather decided to go crazy and we jumped from 85 to not getting into the 40s as a high yesterday. It was miserable. I loathe the cold! It was gray, cold, windy...yuck! I am totally fine with 70s during Christmas. I do not need the cold to get into the spirit. In fact, the cold puts a damper on our plans. We were going to the Christmas special at Sea World today. After today, it is supposed to warm up again- bring it on!

I am not sure how I will be about blogging the next 3 weeks.... it will be one of 2 things. I will either blog alot or hardly at all. I have so many projects and things we are going to do- so blogging will either be at the forefront to showcase our doings or get pushed to the side because we are so busy. We shall see. In any case, Merry Christmas! Remember the true meaning of the season, play lots of Christmas music, visit with friends and family and laugh often and love much!

1 comment:

R and R Stacy said...

We just completed 5 Christmas parties so I know how you feel. Today was my kids last day of school. I am worn out!!
Yay for SALES! Sounds like MSW is a lot like R.
Merry Christmas from my family to yours!
P.S. LOVED YOUR CHRISTMAS CARDS!!!!!

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!