Monday, March 1, 2010

Lessons Learned....

MSW and I were cleaning up the kitchen one night last week and having a conversation. Doodle was in the other room playing with some little car and using the coffee table as his race track, I did not think he was paying attention to us.

The conversation was about me not being included in an event. I was sharing my hurt feelings with MSW about how it made me feel, etc... I did not realize there were little ears that were taking it all in....

That night as he said his prayers, he prayed for me and my hurt feelings. (So sweet!) The next day we were talking about his birthday party and the invite list. "Mama, I am going to invite "N" to my party. Nobody ever invites him to parties and I do not want to make him feel sad."

What a powerful lesson he learned! I was so impressed with him connecting it all together and coming to such a meaningful conclusion. However, I was also embarrassed. I guess as a mom I expect myself to be superwoman to my littles. I was embarrassed that he saw my vulnerabilities and ashamed that he knew I was like "N" and left out. But, in the end I guess it is equally important that he understands true feelings. If I needed to be used as an example to teach him a valuable lesson, so be it...I guess in a way that can make me a super mama too!

1 comment:

Hope said...

Oh, that's very sweet! -- just got you bookmarked again!

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!