Saturday, February 27, 2010

My baby love is 4 months old

 
Posted by Picasa


Dear Camdyn,

In a blink of an eye, you are four months old. Today we went to see Dr. Davis for your check-up. Lucky for us, she opened up a Stone Oak office. It literally takes all of 5 minutes to get there (and is a much nicer office than the one in the medical center!) At four months old, you weigh 16 pounds, 11 ounces (greater than 95%) and measure 26 inches (95%). You are yummy! Dr. Davis was most impressed with you, love. You are about 2 months ahead developmentally, she said. You showed off all your tricks and she was so amazed that she asked if you could already sit on your own too. I told her that you can for a little while but that you were still unstable while doing it. She had to test it out. :) And in your true rock star fashion, you sat there,all by yourself, as we marveled at you. The irony of it is that I have no desire at all for you to be "ahead." I want you to stay baby for as long as possible. I look at the days flying by and I want to scream at them to slow down. I purposely hold you a little more and protect you from trying new things but looks like you, Miss Priss, don't see it my way. So you already roll over, sit on your own, are just about to break through 2 bottom teeth and wave. Yes, at 4 months old you already wave bye-bye. It is a little trick that daddy taught you. Just know that if you want to slow down on all that....it would be just fine by mama! :)

Dr. Davis recommends already trying you on baby food! One new fruit a week. Really?!?! My ultra conservative pediatrician? I protested! She conceded to at least try 2 new fruits before we see her again at 6 months, but that I really need to start you on cereal now. Daddy did not like this idea either, worried that your little tummy is not ready for that (or maybe just wanting to hold on to your babyness too!) But with your size, the fact that any day we will have 2 teeth and your development she thought it was best. Truth is you drink 8 oz of milk every 2-3 hours- the milk is just not holding you over any more! Daddy and I looked back at brother's baby book and you are holding your own with him. He was an inch longer and a pound heavier (my gosh he was a moose!) but bc the chart is adjusted for male/female, percentile rank- you are exactly the same.

I cannot even put into words how wonderful you are, my darling. We thought we had it good with bubba. And he was, a very good baby! I realize that I am totally going to jinx us by saying all this but in years when you look back at these words, I want you to know totally awesome you are! You sleep like a champ! You still will occasionally wake up about 2:30 am for a bottle (maybe some cereal and fruit will keep you satisfied through the night) but you never cry. From your cradle, you kinda grunt at me, like c'mon mama wake-up and get me. Once the last ounce is down, you go straight back to sleep. The only way we knew you were teething was because of the drool and way you were gnawing at your hand. It did not even cross my mind we were so close to a tooth until Dr. Davis found both of them! No fever, no fussy....you have been your sweet, happy self.

You have earned a new nickname is our house, spikey mikey! Sweet love, you got your daddy's hair! It sticks up all over the top. You don't have much hair so it is not too obvious but when we dry your head after a bath, you look like a little chick!

Everyone professes that you look like your brother. I see it some, but to me you just look like Camdyn. You do love your brother, though. He reads to you each night (he is an excellent reader)and you are mesmerized by this attention. You tolerate his strong love (easy does not exist for him). You love to sit up and watch everyone and everything. You are particularly fond of watching his basketball games. We hold you so that you can see the game and we don't hear a peep out of you for the entire game. You follow the ball and kids and laugh in delight from time to time. I hope you love tee-ball as much :) We never hesitate to take you out somewhere because you are always so good. In fact, last Friday night we took you to a fancy dinner at the Tower of Americas.

You love to dress up and when I am shopping for you, you truly look interested in all the pretty clothes! When I put a dress on you, your face lights up! I had you all fancied up for The Tower, complete with a faux fur shoulder wrap. I could tell you felt so pretty in it and you kept rubbing the soft fabric and smiling. I think you have a taste for the finer things :)!

I am carving out time for just us where ever I can. Bubba had so much one-on-one time and I want you to have the same thing. I take off days and keep you with me. Like today, we went to your appointment, shopping, lunch and then you went to the salon with me. You love it there and you love all the people and all the attention you get! You are passed around while I get my hair done. Pretty soon, those trips will entail a pedicure for you! Bubba was invited to a movie night at the A's house this evening (we are so fortunate to have the friends that we do and live in this neighborhood.) So you, me and daddy went out to dinner. You enjoy and deserve the focus on just you! You are cutting two teeth, got three shots today, did not have a good nap (too busy at the salon)and you still sat at dinner like a little lady.

I think my lucky stars for you, sweet love!

No comments:

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!