Monday, March 8, 2010

The Weekend run-down (with pics to follow)

It was another one of those weekends where I find myself on Monday morning thinking, wow did all of that really happen; with a dizzy feeling. Yes, I am referring to another crazy busy weekend in the lives' of the W's. It started on Friday night with the start of doodle's basketball tournament. No words can describe the mayhem that ensued. Our boys won...go Stone Oak Celtics! I had no idea that 6 and under basketball could cause such poor parental behavior but yeah, I witnessed it and our boys came out unscathed which I was not convinced was possible after surveying the rough opposing team. It was almost 10 pm when we got home. Baths and straight to bed because we got to do it all over again on Saturday morning.

Up and at 'um early Saturday morning. Luckily, my mom came on Saturday and sat with me and Camy at the game. This crowd was rough in a different way. Back story: our team is a little like "The Sandlot" team. Randomly thrown together by zip code, the coach quit after the first practice and MSW and another dad stepped into the coaching role. They only were together for 7 weeks. They lost one game all season and the improvement was astonishing! In the end, they placed 2nd in the tournament. They lost the championship game by 1 point to a team that has been together for 3 seasons. They did us proud! Little man doodle did so great. He is the only 5 year old on the team and some of the boys have or will be turning 7 before he even turns 6- most of them were in 1st or 2nd grade. He held his own out there and improved so much! MSW gave doodle his trophy as well as a speech on his season. I was in tears! I love my boys so much! So, doodle walks away from another sports season with a medal and another trophy to add to his collection.

A quick lunch at Red Lobster's and then the boys dashed off to haircuts while my mom, Camy and I went to La Cantera. I made it back home in time to change, feed the baby and repack diaper bag for the night plans. The boys went from haircuts to tee-ball practice. I had made plans a couple weeks ago to meet two of my closest friends for dinner. We were then invited to go out to dinner with a couple of families from the tee-ball team. I kept my plans and sent the other 3 on their way. I had a wonderful time and did not leave our table until 4 hours later. Nothing like a dinner with friends that you have known since you were 3 years old.

I thought it was so cute watching MSW, doodle and camy head out for their own dinner plans. My handsome husband toting a diaper bag and carrier, while holding the door open for doodle. They had a great time too. Of course, Jodi and Cynthia held Camy the whole dinner until she realized it was bubbly time and mama was not in sight. She found comfort in daddy's arms, though. We have become very close with the Hillenbrand's and Boales'. They are great people and awesome to hang out with. We spent most of last summer hanging out with them so I am excited that tee-ball is starting back up and we get to see them several times a week again! Cynthia had to let me know how amazingly sweet it was that when Camy got upset she stopped crying as soon as she was in her daddy's arms. Something about seeing a daddy with his baby girl! When I got home after 11 pm, both kids were bathed and asleep and MSW was waiting up for me. Perfect ending to a busy day.

Sunday was just as crazy with photo commitments, a basketball season party and house work. We did it all though....every item on the list was checked off Sunday night. As busy as it is and we are always on the go, I know that one day I will look back and miss it all. So, I stop long enough to capture a memory and file it away for that one day when I don't have a sporting event or friends to meet up with and remember just how precious these days really are!

No comments:

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!