Monday, October 12, 2009

Tick*Tock*



Here it is a cloudy, cool Monday morning, sitting at my desk and I am 37 weeks and counting....I never thought I would make it this far but here I am. Dr. keeps saying, "any day!" I think she may just hold out until the 27th which is our scheduled C-section date. Last week she was measuring 40 weeks so it is a c-section from here on out. Am I ok with that? Nope! but as a wise friend told me over dinner last week, "you better just accept it." So, I am doing my best to do just that. So, if she does not come on her own before, we will be meeting her on Oct. 27th at 9:30 am. The days drag on...tick*tock*

On the doodle bug front- I cannot keep the boy well! He has stayed home the last 3 Fridays in a row. Upper Respiratory Infection, Stomach bug and 24- hour viral infection. We've been lucky that it is not the flu- but I keep thinking at this rate it is on its way! This is uncharted land for us. He is never sick so this strand of icky has us concerned. I guess his immune system is down and so he is just catching everything that is going around. The positive of all this is that in every case he has been back to new in 24 hours, is good for 4 days and then goes back down so he has not been sick for 3 weeks straight. We only get sick on Friday???? This is good for Camy, though. Luckily, I have not gotten sick yet so I can hope that means that my immune system is fighting it off and so she is getting the anti-bodies. I'm afraid I am going to be a little obsessed with keeping her unexposed to all the viruses and flu that is around right now.

I decorated the house for Halloween and if I was at home right now I would take pictures and post them! I have a million fall decorations. I was hesitant to put them up this year. Not because I did not want to but I was trying to imagine bringing Miss C home to the "decorated house." Pink is going to clash with the purple, orange and black that has invaded our house. You see- my photographer's mind thinks about those things. In the end, oh well! Doodle could not wait to put them up and it's what we do! I will add her banners amongst the mix before we leave for the hospital. It might look like a fun house but hey...it is who we are!

I just finished grading finals for my online class-whew! That is done and over with so technically I am just going through the motions at the office. 9 more days. tick*tock*

I am preparing for the whole week on Sundays just in case. Snacks packed for all week. Clothes laid out for all week. It was last night that I realized how crazy our weather is when I was laying out doodle's clothes. 50's and 60's in the beginning of the week- back into the 90's by mid-week and cooler 70's by week's end. So long to just laying out shorts for the entire week.

Doodle is entering the Art Fair and Science Fair. His projects are keeping us busy in the afternoons. He took an awesome picture of the sunset. I had it printed and matted so he will be entering that as well as a canvas painting. The theme is "Beauty Is..." kinda funny what a 5 year old boy finds beautiful.

tick*tock

No comments:

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!