Monday, October 26, 2009

Her Birth Story

I enjoyed Thursday very much. I slept in, went shopping and took an afternoon nap. After picking up doodle, I cooked dinner and then he and I started sewing "welcome home" signs for Miss C. All day long I was feeling a little different- mostly like a bad menstrual cycle but I had given up thinking that anything was going to happen prior to the 27th. I went to sleep about 11 pm. I woke up at 2:30 am to a pop sensation followed by trickle....trickle. I knew exactly what it was, then gush. I calmly woke up MSW and we both went into action. It took about 15 calls to wake-up Crystal but she did finally answer and was on her way to stay with doodle. My mom answered on the second ring and was on her way within 15 minutes. I had everything packed except for those last few minute things that MSW and I were throwing into a bag. By 2:45 contractions had begun. They were 2-3 minutes apart and about a 5 on my pain scale.

 


This is the last picture we took right before leaving for the hospital. I am in the middle of a contraction, hence the painful look on my face. Notice the time on the clock....


 


We were admitted right away and things moved fairly quickly. I was not really sure how things were going to go since this was not the plan. I had an awesome L&D nurse, Linda, who made the experience great. I was immediately given and IV and antibiotic (for the Group B strep). I was at a 2 so there was time to wait for Dr. F to do the C-section in the morning. I was also given an epidural fairly quickly which eased the pain of the contractions which by this point were above a 100 on the monitor- ouch!


 


I was able to rest and wait for the morning to come. We were originally told it would occur at 7:30 am- then 9:00 am and ultimately scheduled for 10:00 am.

 
Posted by Picasa


Dr. Finney came in right before I was prepped for surgery. So very glad to have her as my doctor. My mom and Michael were with me the whole time until I was taken into the OR for prep. I was scared beyond belief! The operating room was much brighter than I had imagined! Everything was in place and MSW was let into the room. We were about to meet our daughter!

No comments:

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!