Thursday, October 15, 2009

37.6 weeks and T-12 days to scheduled C-section. Never thought I would make it this far. MSW never thought I would make it this far. Doctor never thought I would make it this far. We saw Dr. F yesterday for our 37 week appointment. I officially weigh more than I have ever before- even with doodle bug (but we never made it this far in pregnancy.) The weight is wearing on me. Like a lot. Tuesday I came home after doing more walking than usual and my legs were twice the normal size with huge purple markings all over them. Luckily, after lying down and a warm bath it went away but yea, the weight it is getting to me. My blood pressure was up to 140/80- still not high for my “norm” but 20 points higher than it has been this entire pregnancy. Probably caused by the weight that is pressing on my abdomen and the extra work my heart has to do. I am to monitor my bp and call if it gets any higher.

I am having contractions all the time. There have been several times that I am sure “it’s time” and it is about that time that they begin to fizzle out. Like last night. After hours of not feeling well the contractions came on hard last night at bedtime. Surely, I thought! MSW and I went through our plan of calls to be made, things to be loaded in the car, etc…. 30 minutes later I was sound asleep and everything ceased. I carry on….
So, I am done guessing when this is going to happen. In all honesty, I just as soon it happens as it is scheduled. At least we will not be in a frantic rush to get to the hospital. Additionally, we found out yesterday after MSW asked, “what happens if her water does break before the 27th?” Dr.s response was that they will keep me through the night and she will come in and do the C-section the next morning but if it happens on the weekend, she will not be available so, “that may be a problem.” What is that supposed to mean?????

And that folks is the 37 week update…until next Wednesday’s appointment.

3 comments:

The Millers said...

Thinking bout you Little Dee!!!!!! Love you and you guys will all be in my thoughts and prayers the next few weeks!!!!!!

Amy said...

Oh Dee...I bet 12 days never seemed so far away...between the uncomfortable state and the total excitment! I am thinking of you and excited to see those first pics of Baby Cami!!!

Nicole said...

Yeah!!! I am so glad you finally have a birthday! Don't be scared....it will be fine! Call me if you get nervous! Hang in there!

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!