Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Art Gala 2009

This child is so many things. He is sweet, he is rough, he is athletic, he is smart, he is extroverted, and the list goes on.... We could not be more proud of this child. He won first place in the Science Fair last week and last night we got all dressed up to hit the red carpet for his art gala. He submitted 3 pieces of work...a watercolor, an oil painting and a photograph. He was so excited about the event. He informed me that he wanted to wear a black bow tie, a clear shirt (plain white shirt) and a black jacket. I looked every where but could not find a black bow tie so we went with a red one- the only one to be found at North Star Mall yesterday! And instead of a "clear" shirt he wore one with a little more jazz. And oh my did he look handsome! Mimi stayed at home with Camy so that MSW and I could focus on doodle. We walked the red carpet, he was interviewed by the press and the paparazzi snapped his picture. It was adorable!!! He worked the room- my goodness this child has charm and found two of his pieces being displayed. Soon the slide show began with the pieces that were being forwarded for district judging. We stood watching the screen change and sweet doodle had his little hands clasped together in anticipation. "Oh please, let mine be up there too!" And it was!!! His oil painting was chosen to represent his school at the district level. He was so proud!!!

I just feel lucky to be a passenger on this ride. He adds so much to our lives!

 

My handsome little man!

 

Being interviewed by the "Press."

 

"Didn't you star in finding Nemo?" To which he replied, "No way, I am not a fish!"

 

Sweet boy!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!