Friday, November 13, 2009

1st Place @ Science Fair...holla!

He came home sometime in September with a note about the Science Fair. "Mama, I really want to enter!" Since they did the first "experiment" last year at Castle Hills, he has been very interested in Science. Of course, you can enter! We received the packet of rules and regulations and he and I spent an evening googling appropriate projects. He decided upon one with magnets. We talked about it for weeks. Then I got anxious to get working on it, knowing that I would soon be making a trip to the hospital. It was so important to me that I did not let this opportunity slip by for him because of Camdyn's birth. The three of us spent an afternoon looking for supplies and magnets. And then we got busy and I grew more and more pregnant and tired.

The deadline was approaching and he was reminding me about the fair. With Camdyn in my arms and an eager little boy by my side, we went to work. I was determined that this was HIS project so I held fast to make him do everything for it. Which as any parent knows, takes 5 times longer. Oh the urge, just to do it myself and be done with it. But he worked and worked and I barked and barked :) and then my mom came and helped us finish it out with a late trip to Home Depot for a piece of metal. And finally he was done and it was turned in.

As we walked into the Science Fair I never really thought about the competition piece of it. I was just proud that he finished and entered his project. And honestly, I was proud of myself too for helping him despite just having a baby and being home alone (last week was year end close for MSW which is a post in its self). There were two long row of tables, Kinder 1st, 2nd were all set-up together. We passed the first row which all had participant ribbons hanging. Cool he will get a ribbon, it is all good! And then we came to the one right next to his and there hung a red ribbon. That is when it occured to me that this was a competition. My mind started to prepare for explaining why not everyone always wins, etc... But, then we reached his project. And there hung a blue ribbon! And I will be honest, I got a little teary! He spent the evening explaing to all his friends what he did for his project. It was a great night...he was so proud. We spent the walk home talking about next year's project possibilities!

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!