Friday, August 14, 2009

Happy 34th, my love

August 13, 2009 marked his 34th birthday and he is 34 (and more) types of wonderful.

I love him because....

1. He is a really, really good person. He is honest, hard-working and good hearted.
2. He loves very deeply- he tells me every single day that I am his world. I know he means it.
3. He is really funny. He makes us laugh all the time. Last night, he put on my skirt and pranced into the room because he knew I needed a laugh.
4. He is gentle and kind. Chivalry is not a thing of the past for him.
5. He almost always tells me as we leave a party,gathering,etc..."you were the prettiest girl in the room."
6. He is smart! He is by far the youngest "leader" for his billion dollar company.
7. He is humble. I brag on him all the time but he never, ever does that. He is 34 and has already been drafted by the Chicago Cubs, achieved an MBA & CPA license and advanced very far in his career.
8. He coaches doodle's soccer and baseball teams. He always makes time for his family.
9. He has experienced great loss in his life (both parents by the age of 6). However, he is not bitter in the least. He has never used that as an excuse for anything and he still trusts and believes in God very deeply.
10. He is left-handed. I love that he does everything "backwards."
11. He is a total rule follower! He literally measures out 6 cups of water to boil macaroni. He does everything by the book!
12. He is really laid back. You will never see him in a panic or rush (I am the exact opposite and he keeps me grounded on this!)
13. He loves peanuts, Bob Marley and Landshark.
14. He loves to workout and looks better today than he did when he was 20.
15. He is my biggest fan but also not afraid to give me a reality check when I need it.
16. He makes it a point to meet me for lunch at least twice a week.
17. He is a total perfectionist- everything he does is with exact precision.
18. He does everything himself- he changes our oil, remodels the bathroom, puts in a kick-a$$ sprinkler system, etc...What he does not know how to do/fix, he just teaches himself and does it amazingly well!
19. He is very modest. He has no need to be flashy or showy- he drove the Yukon for 12 years and would have driven it forever if it had not died.
20. He comes home and will immediately engage in a race around the yard with doodle- still in his dress clothes and shoes.
21. He is a realist that leans towards and optimistic viewpoint.
22. He is a small-town boy that grew up working at the ranch, hunting and fishing but has no problem fitting into a more polished city life too.
23. He was raised by his great grandparents so he has very traditional, strong values.
24. He watches Seinfeld every night.
25. He does anything and everything to make us happy.
26. He is afraid of heights- the only fear I know that he has.
27. He taught himself how to play the guitar and is now teaching doodle bug.
28. He got braces at the age of 33 (Invisalign).
29. He speaks "our language" at home which is a blend of Spanish, p-town slang and made up words that we only know.
30. He spends every weekend with us.
31. His initials are the same thing upside down. MSW- now flip it and check it out. Cool, huh.
32. He is an introvert and let's few "in" but if he does let you in, he will make your life amazingly better.
33. He calls me every evening on his way home from work.
34. He is like none other! He is the most incredible, amazing, loving human being I have ever met.

Happy 34th sweetheart!



 


"Coach Mike"- he coaches soccer & baseball
 

You make 34 look wonderful!


 

I've always loved his eyes- such a unique blend of colors with perfect sunflowers around his iris.


 

He will kill me for posting this- but this is who he is, he comes home and is fun & silly and takes playing the Wii very seriously!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

natalienicole said...

is he for sale? JOKING!
he is the real deal and i couldn't think of a better half for such a wonderful man! happy birthday, mike!

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!