Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School 2009

 


He woke up right away and ordered eggs 7 toast. I let him eat in bed (which is a huge no-no usually). He put on his clothes and new shoes and beat us downstairs. He looked so grow-up in his school clothes.


 


We decided because we live so close to the school and traffic is so bad on the first day that we would just walk to school. Good idea unless you are 8 months pregnant and wearing clothes for work and then it is not so fun. He talked the whole way there and did not seem at all nervous.


 


We arrived and were directed to the library where all the kinder kids gather. He sat in line with his class as a story was read to them. Daddy stayed right by his side. Cracks me up how much they are alike- they appear to have the exact same look in this picture.


 


And then the bell rang....daddy got his all situated and away he went with his class. He never looked back, never showed any hesitation and made us very proud.

I immediately turned away and the flood gates opened. The sweet principal offered some encouragement as did a few mothers I passed along the way. MSW and I walked back home hand in hand. When I picked him up he first said that he had a so-so day but that soon turned to a "wonderful day." He talked so fast and with so much expression for about 30 minutes straight telling me about everything. I think he really enjoyed it and is ready to go back tomorrow.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tyler & Brianna said...

How sweet this is but TRULY love the pic with the little girl in the background with her hands ALL UP in her pants!!! So cute and funny!!

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!