Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Card Shoot 09

 

 

 

 



I usually have our Christmas cards done by Thanksgiving or shortly after. I am just not on the ball this year. I love to make our cards....I like designing them, buying the supplies, doing the picture, etc... I guess I got my fill after doing sissy belle's birth announcement and sip-n-see invite. Needless to say, our cards went out much, much later than usual. It is done...they are in the mail. The weather has been so yuck lately that I have not had the chance to get our picture done. When we finally had a day that it was not raining and freezing the sun was blaring which is not easy on a newborn's eyes (or ours for that matter.) So, thanks to Crystal and Val we were able to finally get a picture that I could use. I caved and did the picture card thing. I even allowed them to be printed at the HEB one hour photo lab...gasp! I know..the HP printer (insert roll of the eyes)! However, they are sent and had I not gone with this plan then cards would have not been sent and that thought just made me sad. So, it is what it is my friends!

On a related note, I went to the post office yesterday to buy enough stamps from the automated machine to get the cards in the mail. With both kids in tow, a huge box of cards and a line that extended out the door. Should have watched the news at lunch (yet I was at the dentist) to know this is the busiest day of the year for the post office- score! MSW always says the government should hire me to scout out the most populated businesses because I always end up in the mass of crowds! I digress, so we wait in line for more than 30 minutes. At this point, the bottle that I brought for our "quick trip" is empty and doodle is growing frustrated with the wait. The lady in front of us was clearly struggling with the machine...weighing each individual envelope (they were all the same.) Finally it was our turn I walk up to a screen that says, "How can I help you?" And then gives a list of services. I hit the "Buy Stamps" like usual. Me and this machine go way back! Anyways, the lady before me must have pushed "continue to buy more" rather than "I am done." Because without inserting my card 5 books of stamps shot out of the machine. Great! I just ripped off the machine-rookie lady. I exit out for real this time for her. Turn the stroller around, grab doodle's hand and we run off into the fog (what was up with that yesterday) after the lady. I finally catch up to her, explain what happened and offered her the books of stamps (that she paid for :)) or a check for the amount because after all that time in line I really wanted the stamps. She took the check. I felt like I had really solved the problem and we all got what we wanted. We stamped our envelopes and sent off our Christmas wishes. Relief...until MSW got home and heard the story who proceeds with a scenario of how the woman is going to fraudulent (can I make that a verb, I like it as a verb too) our checks and rob us blind. But, she didn't even know how to work the machine and then I proceeded to worry all night long :) Lovely!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Daniel Family said...

Love the pics...what a gorgeous family! And lets hope the lady in the PO is as honest and generous as you! Hope your holidays are happy!

Hope said...

What a story! I'm sure the lady won't do anything with the check, but these financial-minded people just think that way:) = We already received ours so thumbs up to the post office for being so efficient on this busiest day of the year.

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!