Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Random things from around the house....

Spending so much more time at home these days makes me enjoy the simple things that fill my home. I am really focusing on making our home organized, comfortable and a relaxing place to be. There is so much that I want to do but am hold for one reason or another. I cannot wait to start on the baby's room...can't do that until we know the sex. But don't worry....I have everything picked out for boy or girl. I can't paint or lift heavy things. So, for now I am doing the most that I can do up to a point.





I have tried for years to grow African Violets without any success. But not now....I hope I do not jinx it but it is growing beautifully and blooming! I have had it for over half a year now so this not one straight home from the store in full bloom! Doodle is really the one who takes care of it...hmm....maybe that is why we finally have one that is living. He has a green thumb!



I am spending my evenings sewing. I find it so relaxing and I love creating. I am working on several different projects- stuff for doodle's new room and of course baby stuff. Do you know how hard it is too find gender neutral fabric?



I got my Pottery Barn desk. I love it! As you can see, it is not yet moved into it's new space just yet. The picture does not do justice for how big it is. The other side shows the great top drawer that it has with built in organization system for all my embellishments, etc... It has a piece that fits on top that has drawers, a spool for my ribbon and slats for paper. It is going to be a great workspace for me. The armoire is all cleaned out too and the rest of my supplies will go into there. It is close week for MSW so that is why the old furniture has not yet been moved out. This is one of those frustrating things....I am ready to move on this and if I were not preggo I would have already moved that old furniture out myself and had my desk all set up. For now, I wait....patiently....kinda.



While I was shooting around the house I thought I would show a glimpse of my bathroom. It is just now that I am realizing that i did not even photograph the floor which is really what started the project and where all the hard work went. I also wish I would have lined up the towels before I took this picture. It is a really calm, nice room and I am so happy with it. We are about to start in the other upstairs bathroom for the kids (still sounds so weird to me!). New floors, toilet, paint and theme. We are doing a surf theme. If baby is a girl I will add in some tropical flowers to "girl it up" if baby is a boy no flowers- straight surf.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I am laughing at your post because I am JUST like you....I have to wait for Shawn to do stuff for me, too....stuff I would regularly be struggling to do alone! I would TOTALLY have tried to move that mammoth desk alone, too! I love the bathroom....and you make me laugh that you wish the towels had been straight for the pic....that is something I would say, too! I did surfer stuff in Cale's big boy room....it is so fun! I found a ton of cute stuff!! Also, I know it is SO hard to find gender neutral fabrics....when I made the babies' bedding, it was next to impossible....I think I found it all at Le Ragge...

natalienicole said...

love the desk! and you're funny about the towels. i would've thought the same thing, but hey...it's your living space after all. things can be crooked (sp?). your bathroom looks fabulous! i don't think i've ever seen it. good work! surf bathroom sounds cool! a few hibiscus and you've got a girly-enough place that caden can call his too! and yes, when you wrote "kids", my heart went pitter patter for you! can't wait. thanks for the update...LOVE THEM! now if i could only get my own done. this weekend.....right???

The Daniel Family said...

Love the pics of you and your first born...can't believe you are showing and everything! I hope things are going well and you are enjoying your time organizing and cleaning! Miss ya!

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!