Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Organizing our Casa


I have time on my hands....a true rarity! I wake-up early with the boys and I am alone until 2:00 when I leave to go pick up doodle from school. So much that I want to do and at the top of my list is organizing our home from top to bottom. It could be my OCD/Type A personality it could also be a nesting behavior. Whatever the case, I am getting so much done. I began upstairs. Every room, single drawer, even my hope chest has been cleaned and organized. I am purging like crazy and it feels so good. We will be welcoming a new love into this home in October and without doing away with some things, I am not sure we would have room for one more. Yesterday I focused on the Mr./Mrs. closet. I was dreading the closet....MSW is messy when it comes to hanging up his clothes and there were tons of plastic dry cleaning bags stuffed into every corner. Now, everything has a "place" and our clothes are organized by style and color. Love it!

His side of the closet.....


My side...

Where does all the purge go? To my studio for now...which will soon become doodle's new room. A lovely mess, don't ya think? I started out thinking about a garage sale, now I am thinking a nice donation to the Salvation Army sounds pretty good.




If your child(ren) are not into Legos yet...consider yourself lucky. These things come with 1000's of tiny pieces. I am already having panic attacks thinking about how to keep these out of baby's mouth. I am starting the conditioning now. First, we started with an organization system....everything must be put away into a bin when not in use. Second, they can only be played with in doodle's room. I think I have put the fear of God into him about baby choking on one of these tiny pieces. Once I move him into his new room, he will have a nice "work" area for his Legos. Another organization thing to do that felt so good to get marked off the list.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!