Sunday, January 18, 2009

Face Off!



hard headed...that would be a good word to describe me.
once I make up my mind to do something there is little that can get in my way.
I get things done this way....but...it sometimes becomes a weakness.
because I don't stop until I get it done. stubborn. yes. that is me.
so this afternoon, i decide it is high time that the crepe myrtles need to be pruned.
the rule of thumb is they need to be pruned by valentine's day.
close to time and a beautiful day. get it done.
the issue? the boys were playing baseball across the street at the park.
they take that stuff very seriously.
i take my pruning very seriously.
i walk to the park and inform the mr i need the power saw to do a little trimming.
now under any other circumstances there is no way he would ever let me use that thing.
but. it was baseball. Baseball...and that is serious stuff.
so, he follows me back to the house and sets me up with the saw.
i can handle this. i begin to saw. i saw and saw and saw.
what i thought would be a little trim and fit into our trashcan has now become a truck full of limbs.
surely he will load this stuff and take it to the brush recycle for me. right?
back to the park. inform i need the truck (as I think he will just come do it for me.) he hands me the keys and tells me the place closes at 5 so I better hurry.
heck, i already used the power saw what's a little loading, tarping and hauling off?
he never thought i would do it on my own. i never thought he wouldn't come help until i asked.
stalemate! i tossed limbs, i tied down the tarp with some fancy knots and off i went to the brush recycle.
I realized half way there those fancy knots were not that effective of securing the tarp and i really was not sure exactly where the brush recycle place was and it was in that moment I realized how hard headed I am.
in the end, I found the place, I backed the truck up, unloaded the brush and was back home in no time.
he just looked at me with his sleek little smile and said, "baby why didn't you just ask for help?"
and oh yeah....my crepe myrtles are pruned just as I intended :)



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

natalienicole said...

consider me IMPRESSED! i think this is what they call, GIRL POWER! :)

R and R Stacy said...

Way to go Mrs - Impressive!

The Daniel Family said...

Right on girlie! Nobody said we couldn't take those things on ourself! Love the pic too, by the way!

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!