Monday, December 6, 2010

Update on the Wallis homefront

 


The intentions of blogging are there...oh memories for my children waiting to be documented. Alas, it is the thing on the list that keeps getting pushed to the bottom of the things to do list. I love to blog...it is my reward for getting everything done; however, as of late, I just have not been able to mark through enough of my tasks. So tonight, with a hot cup of Abuleto hot chocolate on my desk...enough is marked of to blog.

Let's see a catch up of sorts!?? Doodle has become our star football player. He is one of the youngest, playing against mostly 8 and 9 year olds. It makes me sick out of my mind during the games but he is having so much fun. The season ended last Saturday but his team made it to the playoffs and those start this Saturday. School is going well and so far he has straight A's. He has lost his two bottom teeth and is growing tall.

That baby girl of ours is doing wonderfully well. She is walking all over the place and talking up a storm. Her favorite phrases are "What's that" and "Who's that?" She is starting that phase of stranger anxiety but so far the only time is at church. She cries for two minutes when we drop her off and then is all smiles and play as we watch through the two-way mirror before heading into the sanctuary.

Speaking of church, our family was chosen to light and recite the prayer for the lighting of the final Advent candle. This should be interesting. All four of us attempting to light the candle as we recite our lines and prayer. We are a bunch of clumsy clowns so this could be very interesting.

I am in the last week of work for a while. Last week marked the final lectures and this week is finals. Friday is my last day and I do not report back until January 10th! So ready for a break. Deciding to keep my job has been both a blessing and hard some days. Most days it is a great balance. I pick Camy up shortly after she wakes up from her nap and snack and doodle is picked up within a short time of getting out of school. Those are the days I don't feel guilt. But then there are those days that I stay later at work....a student with a crisis, a senate meeting, etc... There is a constant struggle to give my best to everything. I struggle with that. Then comes those moments that pulls it all together. It was announced on Friday that I am the 2010 recipient of a National Teaching and Excellence Award. I am really excited! To be honored with this award is really special, especially considering that 2 months ago I was about to walk away from it all. I have no doubt that I am where God wants me to be at this time in my life. It is not easy every day and it does not feel like the right decision every day but every day I try my best and to be recognized for that feels good. So in May me and my sweet husband will stay in a fancy hotel room and attend a special evening in which I will receive my NISOD medal and recognition.

On the home front, we are in full Christmas spirit. The house is decked out from top to bottom. There are a million twinkle lights and a big, fresh tree! Half of the shopping is done and the Christmas cards are sent. I think the season will truly begin this Friday when I am done with work. We kick off the weekend with 3 holiday parties so that should for sure get us in the spirit!

I hope to be doing alot more documenting of our lives in the next few weeks.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!