Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sonogram #2





Last Thursday we went for a measurement sonogram. Baby is still a good week ahead of measurement but I only gained one pound in the last 3 weeks- 6 total so far. I am trying very hard to eat very healthy and walk as much as possible. My appetite exploded this weekend so I am sure in a couple of weeks when I go for my regular visit I will not be as lucky with the scale. The sonogram tech must have had some pinned up emotions that she decided to take out on me. She was pushing so hard on my belly! I was initially holding MSW's hand as "look at our baby!" but the grip soon turned to a mercy hold. At one point MSW stood up and was about to ask the tech if it was necessary to push so hard and I guess she took the hint because it was much more tolerable from that point on. We got to watch the baby for about 15 minutes while she did all the necessary measurements. At one point, baby was sucking its thumb. At 12 weeks with doodle we got a great "toilet seat" shot and was 95% sure he was a boy. We figured we would not be so lucky this time around too. We just never got a great look and of course she was not trying to find out the sex this time. So, another few weeks before we will try to find out the sex.

I am feeling so much better (knock on wood) with the start of the second trimester. Little to no nausea and my energy level is improving. I have so many things/projects I want to begin but have on hold until we know if the baby is a boy or girl. We could care less- we can imagine either being a perfect fit to our family. We were just talking over dinner how fast it is going. We plan on this being our last and now that I am feeling better, I want to hold on to this time. I do not feel the sense of urgency to speed this along like I did the first time around. Talk to me mid-August and I am sure I will be singing a different tune but for now...no rush.

10 more days of work!!!!!! Hello Summer 2009....oh how I have been waiting for you!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Darn it! I was hoping you'd get too see what it is! Oh well!!! I know exactly how you feel about them mashing too hard during the sonograms....the last one I had the lady was hammering on me so bad...it was miserable!

natalienicole said...

dee,
you're absolutely right to enjoy this special time. i feel like i've cherished this time so much more, but somehow the days get going faster and faster. oh, how i wish i could slow it down. these are the beautiful days of our lives.
happy you're feeling better!

The G' Unit said...

Dee...How special to have another bambino on the way!! I love your blog btw...and keeping up with you and your family!! I would of slapped the person pushing on your belly so hard...for ya!! ;o)
Trit

Hope said...

Wow, baby's really growing!

R and R Stacy said...

Aww, look at your baby growing so fast. I enjoyed sonorgrams, very neat to see the baby growing inside of you.
Glad you are feeling much better!

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!