Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Happy Announcement



a baby!


Many, many, many prayers later....
a miracle in progress!
What we have known for over a month
was confirmed today!
A beautiful, active baby...
a strong heartbeat!
After months of heartbreak
today was the happiest of tears!
As we held hands (and our breaths) as the screen clicked on
appeared a dancing little baby and a fluttering heartbeat!
A sight so wonderful, especially after experiencing the devastation of an empty screen before.
A doctor so caring and understanding and who personally knows of the same heartbreak...
announces, "you did it mama!" "Look at that extremely strong baby!"
Already measuring a week ahead of what it should be.....
no wonder mama is already growing so big!
With the worst of morning sickness hopefully behind,
we look forward to the first kicks, planning and picking of a name.
Big brother is ecstatic....I am glad he gets it!
To all those who have been praying, especially for today's good news....
you mean the world to us! Thank you for today's support and for helping me to keep our secret.
And now...I feel I can shout from the rooftop that our little love should be arriving in October!
(Dr. was hesitant to give me an exact due date just yet. Based on my LMP, I am due October 30th- but we already know I am a week ahead of that. She is going to keep a close eye on the size of this baby and will not have me deliver another 9 lbs. @ 36.5 weeks)





Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Hope said...

Hooray! Glad all turned out well. Look forward to seeing you soon. A girls spa day this summer would be a good way to celebrate!

Amy said...

Oh my...YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm over the moon for you guys...how exciting. How wonderful...answered prayers:)

natalienicole said...

i couldn't be happier for my dear friend! i look forward to being along for this amazing life changing journey! just the news i wanted to hear on this day! much love and hugs!

Nicole said...

DEE!!!!!! I am so, so excited for you! That is wonderful news! Congratulations on your little miracle! I can't wait to find out what it is!

The Daniel Family said...

YEA! I'm so happy for you guys! Miracles are wonderful, even in such tiny little packages. I was hoping that was what I was commenting about on Facebook!

R and R Stacy said...

CONGRATS!!!!
I couldn't be happier for you guys.
Thank you God for... answered prayers!

The Hooper Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

The Millers said...

Just what I wanted to see as I check your blog. YEA!!!!!!!!! I will continue to pray my dear friend.

Much love,
Shae

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!