Thursday, April 9, 2009

Some thoughts to ponder....

I plan on doing some major posting- lots and lots to write about but for now just some musings....

What a week! I forgot just how tired pregnancy makes you. However, life just will not slow down for me to catch a rest and so I often feel that I am running just to keep up these days. I look back at my calendar amazed at what all we have done- no wonder I am so tired...and have I mentioned I am growing a baby too.....yippeee! Just a little excited!

The Spring always brings showers, parties, weddings, etc... We have done no less than 2 parties, one shower and at least one tee-ball game every weekend since the start of March. With doodle's birthday rounding it out at the end of the month. I should mention he changed his mind about a party so we are knee-deep in planning his party too.

I decided to cut back on photography- I just have too much going on. I said that, only to find myself having shot several houses this month for the awesome interior designer I am working with, several studio shoots and I am shooting two weddings the next two weekends. Oh well...famous last words, right!

I am generally a sappy person to begin with but add on some extra hormones and I'm a mess. You know that commercial (I think it is for a credit card) where they ask, "when is the last day you took the day off to go to the aquarium with your daughter....on a Tuesday?" You know that one. Well, I took last Tuesday off and went with doodle's class to the zoo. I could not help think about that commercial over and over and I found myself with happy tears more than once. We had an awesome day! The weather was glorious and the kiddos had so much fun! We stayed after his class departed and rode the train and then went and had a great lunch together. I enjoy that child so very much! He feeds my soul in ways that only a mother could understand. I only have four weeks left of work and I cannot wait to spend my summer days with the boy.

We have so many things to look forward to! A 5th birthday, a doctor's appointment (sonogram), a Spring Musical, a Fiesta Holiday, end of the school year for me and doodle, a week at the beach with great friends and MSW and I both have weekends planned with friends. I cannot remember the last time we have done that!

I have so many plans running through my head....garage sale, move doodle into my studio (no more studio for a while :( bunk bed for cmw, plan baby's room, add craft corner to my bedroom- I am smelling a Pottery Barn Desk in my future :) , crafts, sewing, etc.... Bring on the 2nd trimester energy surge!

I will be 12 weeks on Monday! This will be a huge milestone to hit- this mama knows the stats and is so comforted by the 12 week numbers! Which reminds me I need to start on my maternity leave request since I will be out all summer. On the work front, we are moving offices and I am thrilled! Much nicer accommodations await us and I will be moving offices closer to some of my favorite sac people! Another huge step....guess what I got this week! A letter from the president notifying me of his recommendation to the board for my promotion to Assistant Professor!!!! One step left....board approval- vote happens on April 21st if you want to throw up a prayer for me...just sayin!

While we have so many wonderful things happening I am not blind to the struggles either. I have many friends who are in need of prayer, I stress daily for this to be a healthy baby (I am worrying so much more about that this time around!) and I am stressed about getting doodle into the after-school program that we want. But that we know is nearly impossible to get into... but will be the only one that sets well with me. Faith! I believe!

I have a class full of waiting minds....better go enrich those minds. So I leave you with promises of more tee-ball, zoo and spring around the house pictures.

1 comment:

R and R Stacy said...

We will definitely be praying for you April 21st. I'm sure it will all work out.
I can't wait to see zoo pictures of Doddle.
Are you finding out the sex of the baby??
How exciting!!

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!