Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sign Language....



The little man is an observant one I tell you. He misses very little. The other day we were sitting @ a light and he noticed a bus that was next to us. From the backseat, "mama, I don't see a restroom on that bus?" Nope son, I think you are right. No restrooms on the school bus (thinking he is preparing for future potty emergencies???) Then why does it have a handicap sign on it?

I go into my explanation of how the bus is accessible to those with disabilities,etc... Suddenly, I make the connection that he probably has noticed the handicap signs on public restrooms- that is why he made the restroom connection. So I clarify that point and talk more about what it means to be handicapped, etc... After a couple of minutes of deep thought.....

"Hmm....then why is the handicap sign a picture of someone sitting on a toilet?" I glanced back at the bus and looked closely @ the handicap sign. You know what? It does look like someone sitting on the throne. God love that little boy!

1 comment:

The Hooper Family said...

Life through the eyes of children is the best!

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!