Sunday, September 28, 2008

thoughts....


* Today, a day, that we have nothing that we have to do and no where that we have to be- that feels great!
* In less than 2 weeks, we will be on our way to Cali! Much to do for preps, big dreams of photos that I'm going to take while there and unsure of how I am going to back my tripod- a little boy who can't wait! Disney sends a free DVD to plan your trip- we've picked out the attractions from it that are on his must-see list!
* I love fall.
* I could use your prayers! I applied for a new job and I got it! I'm torn, excited, scared and everything else. I love most aspects of my current job, I see it as my stewardship in many ways. I don't like the time I am away from home to be there. The new job- teaching exclusively online for a university...as in no going in to work, work from home, on my own schedule- huge flexibility! I can walk doodle to and from school next year, be home when he gets home from school- all the while doing the teaching that I love and earning $$$$. Sounds to good to be true, right? That is what I am afraid of? But what is life without risks, right? For now, I will be doing both jobs. It will be crazy, yes. But, it will be the only way to test the waters of the new job w/o loosing something that I've worked so hard to get to. I'm up for Assistant Professor this year...figures, right? I have worked so hard to get this promotion- if all goes right with this new job I will resign right before I get the promotion. It is a sacrifice I am so willing to make if it means more time at home being wife and mommy- two positions that I cherish deeply. The new job is like contract work, no guarantee that I'll get a full load of classes each term. Right now, I'm tenure-track and salaried two things highly regarded in my field. If you will, pray that I am guided to make the right decision- I won't make one until May.
* We are putting up our Halloween decorations today!
* I need to shampoo my red rug downstairs, it's yuck....I don't want to do it, should I hire someone?
* Yesterday was my mama's b-day. I spent the day with her, grandma and my aunt Jeanne. I love them so much! I feel lucky to have special girl time with them.
* I bought doodle's Halloween costume yesterday- he is going to be a cowboy sheriff. I could eat him up in it!
* I'm off to go work on a craft project.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

The Daniel Family said...

I'm so glad to be able to keep up with you all again! Sounds like you've been busy all around! Good luck with the new job!

natalienicole said...

it's going to all work out. i will keep it on the top list of my prayer list, dee. the correct decision will surface. luckily, you know what is important - family time. i've always thought that staying home or working PT would be best once the kids got to school. this seems like a logical choice to me, assuming you like the work, company, and they're good to you.
you're always in my prayers, sweet friend!

Tyler & Brianna said...

How exciting that you have the chance to be home and be with your baby next year when he is out of school next year!! Congrats!

Bri

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!