Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"Face the Lord"



The back story: Doodle attends a private Christian school. It is a wonderful place that is teaching him so much and instilling a strong Christian faith in him. He attends chapel a couple times a week and comes home each and every day with a new prayer & scripture bite. I think we sometimes combine all that into one prayer....

Last night's prayer before dinner as delivered by CW....
Open shut them, open shut them, fold them in your lap (complete with hand movements.)
God is good, God is great, let us thank him for this food.
In Christ's name we pray, Amen
(with hands above his head) Face the Lord!

I was dying inside! I did not want to embarass him or discourage him so I gently asked, "Are you sure it is not Praise the Lord?" "No, mama it is definitely Face the Lord." And so, that is how we will end our prayer...Face the Lord!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Hope said...

I can just imagine him saying this! I bet there's even more drama in your house since he's in this new environment -- he's soaking it all in.

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!