Monday, September 8, 2008

Change....

While part of me gets excited about change, the new possibilities, the unknown of what is ahead; part of me always resists change. I realize life is about constant changes (oxymoron, huh) but sometimes change is scary....uncomfortable.

We are in the midst of changes. The biggest is doodle bug going to a new school. He has been with Laura since he was 8 weeks old. While the change has not effected him in the least, for us, well- we are getting used to the change. For me, it is realizing I cannot pick up the phone to call and see how he is doing- what he is up to. It is not getting straight if today is Spanish or Computer class. It's realizing he is in school, not daycare. It is a true sign he is growing up! Mama is holding on tight. (I will do a whole post on how wonderful his new school is. We could not have chosen a better place for him to go in my opinion...the child is excelling in every sense of the word.)

Another change- our plans. I am a planner by nature. I love it. My thoughts are always months ahead. Sometimes life throws you a curve ball, unforeseen, requiring changes to be made to those plans. We lost a baby in July- I was about 6 weeks a long. I am good now- it took 4 weeks for me to resemble my old self in terms of mood, etc... But I am in a good place now, with a better perspective on life, I think. Our plans have changed, not by our choosing and we are having to readjust. God is in control- I need to remember that more often!

My work has changed- new administration, new classes, new hours (I'm trying an earlier in- earlier out) a new school year. All is proving to be just fine- though I was resistant to it all in the beginning.

Another change- I am no longer the center of the social calendar. Nope...that would be our son now. New school friends, new parents to meet, Michael is the head soccer coach- another group of new people in our lives', I'm room mother- a new set of responsibilities. While we are loving it, what alot of changes for our little family.

And then the new blog. Another change....

My prayer each night as of late, is that I embrace these changes as new opportunities for growth, new friendships and new experiences.

2 comments:

natalienicole said...

this made me think of the trace adkins song which brings me to tears each time, "these are good times". we're going to miss these days...
(here i go again...)

The Millers said...

Dee, I am so sorry for your loss (guess that's why you never answered me back on the 3rd one), my heart hurts for you, but somehow some way we have to believe everything happens for a reason and what is meant to be will be. I LOVE YOU and wish I could have been some kind of comfort to you.

All the other changes sound exciting and will end up great.

LOVE YOU!

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!