Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Watch out & you better stay clear of me...

Did you know that I have a unique gift (if indeed that is what you want to call it)? I have a tendency to be in the right place, at the right time for really strange things to occur. Really...it is rather amazing.

A few years back I was in a tornado, a major fire and a tropical storm that caused terrible flooding to Houston all in one week. Is that not talent or what! Obviously, by God's good grace none of them proved to be more than just a little scary.

Meg- remember the tornadoes on the day of your wedding? I have to say that not everyone has been cautioned off the road by storm chasers and plunged into a ditch all while wearing a bridesmaid dress. Only to return to Texas and be met with an oil tanker explosion as she drove over the ship channel- I will always remember driving through that fireball! The topper of the week was having Tropical Storm Allison park over Houston and dump feet of water in a matter of a few hours which left me stranded on I-10 for 12 hours. I was finally rescued by MW's uncle and a group of Masons. I watched a man drown in front of me...it was serious stuff!

So my point, it looks like we just might be setting up for my next round. The fire...check.... That's right my office building caught fire Wednesday night. The fire just happened to be right above my office and directly across the hall from my classroom. We were just let into the bldg. on Monday. It is like working in a smokehouse! fun times... Next on the list? Hurricane Ike has me a little worried- looks like he might be gunning for me which could be the tornadoes or the flood, or both! I kid, kinda....

1 comment:

The Hooper Family said...

I remember Geoff and Meg's wedding weather...that was freaky!

Hope you guys fared well with the Ike weather!

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!