Monday, January 17, 2011

My daughter has a rare, severe bleeding disorder

 

Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

 

A mother's love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking, it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking” Helen Rice

My daughter has a rare, severe bleeding disorder...It took me 6 months to let those words come out of my mouth without tears. It has taken me 6 months to get my brain wrapped around, Type III Von Willebrand's. I don't want this for my daughter and I would take it all from her in a heartbeat if that were possible. It is very rare....one in one million odds. It is very difficult to get accurate information and it is a lonely club. With that in mind, I have created Camy Lizzy's Journey with VWD blog. This blog will serve 3 purposes. 1.) To serve as a record of Camy's journey. It is important in her treatment to have everything documented, etc... 2.) To keep family and friends updated. VWD does not define our lives and I don't want to give it much air time on my regular blog 3.) My greatest hope is that another Type III mama might come across this blog when newly diagnosed and I might be able to provide info, hope and comfort.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ang said...

Amazing momma, amazing little one Strong and purposeful . . . hopeful and loved. We will be here for you and always praying that the wind is at her back on this journey.

I'm just sayin' said...

Angela-

Thank you so much for your sweet, caring and loving words. Your support and prayer is always treasured, my friend!

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!