Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year's: 2011

 

The Wallis kids are ready to ring in the New Year!
 

Us...just before midnight!
 

Right at midnight we went out into the front yard. There were celebrations all around complete with fireworks. The boys were taken with the displays in the sky!
 
Posing with the New Year's Celebration Cake
style='clear:both; text-align:CENTER'>Posted by Picasa


Last night we said goodbye to 2010 and hello to 2011 with very dear friends. A small, last-minute put together affair, at home…just the four of us with our four littles. I had a great time! My boy was way too wild all night, there was the perfect amount of bubbly…not too much, not too little and the company was just right. We all made it to midnight (except for sweet sissy belle who said adios about 8pm) we watched the ball drop, headed outside for an impromptu firework show by some neighbors and little boys running wild in the cold, blowing their horns.
Earlier in the day I thought about my “list” for 2011. 11 happens to be our lucky number by the way. I want to run a half marathon, see Norah in concert, entertain more, live more in the moment and celebrate each moment of this beautiful life. I want to make every effort to make my children’s lives memorable, enjoyable and fun! I want to nourish my marriage. The list goes on….
But, looking back….2010….it was a roller coaster ride. So much good and fun and trying times too. It was a great year of personal growth. May 2010 brought about health scares….learning about Camdyn’s bleeding disease and then Michael having an emergency appendectomy. That month put a lot in perspective for me. I am more in love, more patient, more vulnerable, more fragile and more appreciative for what I have been given. I had a self discovery about my professional life. I recreated my role as professor, I was named a national-award winner for my teaching and I relinquished my supervisory role. 2010 changed me. I walked the rocky road but came out better for it. I still have a lot of learning to do, though.
I embrace you 2011….let’s do this and make it good!

No comments:

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!