Friday, January 14, 2011

It's Friday....I'm in Love

 


Just recently revived my love for the cure (hence the title) which actually has nothing to do with this post except that it is Friday and I am in love with my new record player!

I have very fond memories of my childhood. It was good stuff. One strong memory that I have is of getting to sleep in the living room on the hideaway bed. I remember my mom putting on a Disney album on the sound system, which at that time was a record player. I would drift off to the tunes of "When you wish upon a star." I think memories like that is what is stirring my love of....hmm...what are they calling it now...oh yes....."vintage".

For instance, I love my instax camera (Polaroid style). You know I love my music so it is only natural that my love of record players is coming back around. For Christmas we got Camy one of those vintage Fisher Price record players. I was totally excited about it!! That got me to thinking about getting me my own. Having never looked into them at this age of digital music, I had no idea where to get one, etc... And if I did get one (assuming it would be second-hand from a thrift store), where could I buy vinyl??? Well, who knew there was this whole vintage revolution out there! So, I find it fitting that for my soon-to-be 35th birthday I bought myself a record player. I love everything about it....lots and lots. I love the color, I love the portability of it and that classic sound...the hum of the white noise as the needle reaches the grooves of the vinyl that takes me right back to the hideaway bed. So far my vinyl collection consists of 3 but, BUT they are my top 3 artists, Norah Jones, Johnny Cash and Bob Marley.

I can't wait for nice weather so that I can host a dinner party in the backyard with tunes pouring from my record player!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I love it!!! You'll have to send me the link to where you got it! I still remember listening to abba and the thriller album in my grandma's basement. Whenever I hear those songs now, I can still remember where the crackles and skips were in the songs!!!

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!