Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Life, as it goes....



I often feel like I am in a time machine that is moving at light speed. So much is on my plate and I constantly find myself begging for a little more time in each day. Don't get me wrong, everything is fabulously wonderful just in an extraordinarily busy kind of way. I absolutely cannot believe that in 23 days I will have a 6 year old! I have been busy with getting things set for his party. A few more details need to be reserved/made and then we will be ready.

Tee-ball season is in full swing. With MSW being the manager and me helping out the team mom, game days are hectic. Doodle is playing so well and is having so much fun so it makes it all worth it! This week I need to secure $$ from all the parents and think of a theme for our team basket for the silent auction. Next I will move on to planning the details for our team table at the Gala that will happen at the end of the month.

Next week I will be hosting doodle's class party, themed Fiesta! We are doing booths like NIOSA and tons of decorations. While it is so much fun planning and making decorations it is time consuming and since I am lacking time these days.....Tonight is his big performance. He did a run for the entire school yesterday and said he did well, so I hope all goes well for him tonight. We have been practicing his lines, and he knows them so he should be fine! Then why am I so nervous for him today???

We had a great Easter! I am sure there are some really cute pics on my camera that I might get around to downloading sometime this week. Sissy belle wore an Easter bonnet so I know there will be cute pics of her! We went to church and then came home to find that the Easter bunny had left eggs and Easter baskets in our backyard! Doodle had the most fun finding the golden and silver eggs that contained cash! By noon, family was arriving and we hosted Easter lunch. I made the mistake of buying doodle 2 dozen confetti eggs so I basically spent the rest of the day cleaning up.

My summer planning is in full swing too. Nat and I finalized plans on our California trip and MSW and I made the reservations for our beach trip! So many fun things to look forward to and I am so glad that my two big trips are in the books!!! I am so looking forward to lazy summer days at home too. That is the great thing about my gig....I do not feel guilty at all about spending 4 months in the summer being lazy and going where the day takes me after 7 months of a busy schedule. If you notice my math is not adding up (I get 3 weeks off at Christmas and a week of Spring Break, so technically I only work 7 months out of the year- plus the holidays sprinkled throughout those 7).

With all the party planning, running around and finishing up my semester everything at home decided to go "caplunk" on us. My dishwasher broke Sunday night, the electrical plug...the only electrical plug in my bathroom has no electricity and the bathroom remodel project is so close to being done but there is a little leak in the new toilet so MSW needs to carve out some time to reinstall that to see if it solves the problem. I can't stand for things not to be in working order. Unfortunately, none of it will get fixed tonight since we have doodle's performance and last night was tee-ball so on to another day without those functions.

And as busy and hectic as our life is....I look at the pictures above and realize there is no other way I would want it to be! I will miss these days and I cannot imagine life without a baby in a highchair with sweet potatoes all over her face while a half uniformed boy searches for his ball cap. God's blessings are in the "everydayness" of it all. When my head hits the pillow each night I am exhausted in the best of ways. No other way I would want it other than filling each minute with absolute life to the fullest!

No comments:

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!