Monday, April 26, 2010

Caden 6th Birthday Bowl-A-Rama

Six is a big-time age. At 6, mom no longer gets to choose the party theme or the invite list. Nope at 6, the birthday boy runs the show. Just as it should be.
He knew from the start that he wanted a bowling party. It was the first party that was more about his friends, than ours if I am honest with myself. And it was his "most favorite party ever!"

The invites were bowling pins announcing "Caden's 6th Birthday Bowl-A-Rama" 20 kiddos, 5 lanes, extreme bowling (glow-in-the dark, complete with a disco ball and music. My mom made super cute logo t-shirts for all the kids (that glowed perfectly under the black lights!) We had trophies for the top scores and medals for all bowlers. The bowling alley took care of the food and we brought in a cake complete with a sparkler star on it. This was the easiest but probably most successful party I have thrown. Instead of running around like a crazy host, I actually got to enjoy the party with all the kiddos. The kiddos were mostly children from his class and his tee-ball team. I spend more time with all these parents than anyone else these days so it ended up being a gathering of us adults too. Despite not winning a trophey, Caden had a wonderful time with his closest friends.

I must admit, it was super sweet to walk into a clean house after a party! My house is usually wrecked after one of his parties. Suffice to say, we have both outgrown the bounce house in the backyard!

His actual birthday is Thursday so more b-day posts to come. His choice of place to celebrate his birthday dinner. Melting Pot or Godai Sushi....really son? FYI you are 6.



2 comments:

The Daniel Family said...

Happy Birthday Little Man! And what a poet you are, Dee, about your darling daughter! Brought a tear to my eye...

Hope said...

Finally had a chance to look at the birthday photos; looks like he had a lot of fun. I bet it was a nice treat not to have to clean up! Then you had more time to spend with those two precious little ones. Thinking of you today.

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!