Thursday, June 18, 2009

It's a GIRL!!






For the past 15 weeks I have wondered throughout the days if this baby was a boy or girl. While my heart had already lovingly accepted either, my practical side was dying to know. I wanted to shop, plan, paint, sew, etc.... Plans were made for either a boy or girl and anticipation grew as we checked off the passing days. Early signs pointed to a boy...intelligender said boy, all the old wives' tales held for a boy and my pregnancy was almost identical to doodle's. However, deep down I was very hesitant to accept this was a boy as something told me otherwise. I only shared this with MSW. I had bought several pink outfits and 5 pairs of sweet baby girl shoes. Each time I brought home a pink purchase, MSW would ask "you really think it is a girl, huh?" I guess I did but was afraid to be wrong about my prediction. As June 17th approached I became more and more certain it was a she. MSW and doodle both thought boy. I could not sleep the night before, I was too excited and hopeful for a healthy baby. We arrived promptly at 8:15 am and waited only a few minutes before going back to the room. The sono tech greeted us warmly and made doodle feel a big part of the moment. She went through all her checks, explaining each image thoroughly. Towards the end, she informed us that she would now try to see the baby's sex. Within a few seconds, she had a great image up and I immediately saw the "3 white lines." Little boy parts were missing and after double checking with a few more shots, she felt sure this is a girl. Doodle took the news well and exclaimed, "let's go buy her a little dress!"
Miss Camdyn Elizabeth will be the perfect addition to our family!
Of course, we think she is absolutely beautiful from the sonogram pictures and cannot wait to meet her! First and foremost, we feel blessed that all indications are that she is perfectly healthy. I am so thrilled about the idea of having a daughter. Beyond the sweet clothes, bows and pink I get to incorporate into our world, I love the thought of having the mother-daughter relationship. We feel so blessed....a boy and a girl. We get to experience them both...baseball games and dance recitals, busy boy activeness and little girl drama, rocks and bugs and dolls and tea parties.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

The Millers said...

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!! The perfect little Wallis Family!!!!!!! I am so happy for you Dee.

Love you lots!!!!

Tyler & Brianna said...

Congrats!!! A girl finishes out the family perfectly!

Brianna

Nicole said...

So glad for you!! I love her name, too!! Congratulations!!!!!

natalienicole said...

i'm overjoyed....still! jess makes fun of me that i'm probably more excited than you are. mostly because i have told him several times, then my mother, my sister, gari shae, friend/angela...and he's been right there each time. EVERY single one of them is so excited for you! cheers to healthy baby camdyn!

R and R Stacy said...

Yay....that's great news. Love her name too!! Congrats!!

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!