Friday, June 5, 2009

The images of my domestic week



Homemade decorative cookies for doodle's tee-ball party tomorrow. I made 3 dozen of these, some with the team name and some with each player's name. The red icing bled into the white royal icing....oh well.


Name banner for doodle's new room. We are expanding the sports theme and I thought this would be a cute idea.
I still need to secure to a rope or ribbon of sorts and then decide where we want to hang it. We picked out his bunk beds today! Can't wait to add them to his new room. We (MSW) need to paint first.



Bibs and burp cloths made with love! The back is a blanket I made. I cannot wait to get them embroidered and make more- ones that are more gender specific once we know!


This I cannot take credit for- that goes to Caden Lane. I have been shopping all over for the perfect nursery bedding. I love Caden Lane- it was not available when I was shopping for baby doodle so I was determined to get it this time around. I love the Classic Neutral line. However, most designs are either discontinued or on back order-not to mention the $$$. I used to eBay and what better time to open back up my account. On the third day searching, there it was. The bedding that I picked out for a boy- brand new! The seller was a novice- I knew because she posted a ridiculously low "buy it now" price and offered free shipping. There was no point in even getting in a bidding war with that option. My hesitation, though it could work for a girl too, is this is what I would want only for a boy and that is information that we are yet to know. After a great lunch with my sounding board, Natalie, who said "go for it at that price", that is exactly what I did. It arrived yesterday and is perfect! It is brand new, never taken out of the package and cutter in person! I adore it! I am not going to take it out of the package yet in case I end up reselling it on eBay because we are having a girl. However, I keep looking at it and thinking with a little of this and a little of that in the room I could totally make this adorable for a girl. And then I look at the pink stuff and decide she will need pink. I am on the hunt for a little sewing table, so I stopped by my favorite resale store this morning. I found the perfect rocking chair that matches the green of this bedding perfectly. I despised my glider- it was so uncomfortable and is long gone. I have my eye on the ridiculous $1200 rocker from Pottery Barn but had yet to justify a rocker being worth that much. So the little rocker I found is nothing too fancy but was in perfect condition, comfortable and the best part....$63.00. For that price, I bought it. I love bargains!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

R and R Stacy said...

I love bargins too!
That bedding is adorable D!!

natalienicole said...

oh...can't wait to see the rocker. what a price!

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!