Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Conversations with my Little Man

Sometimes it is hard to decipher if I am talking to a 5 year old or a 90 year old man....

On our way home from Vacation Bible School yesterday the convo went something like this.

Doodle: "Mama we have a concert on Friday night @ the church and I would really like to go but I know it is not what will be best for the family."

Me: "Why do you think that will not be best for the family?"

Doodle: "Well, the concert would not be a bad thing to attend but I know that we are leaving on our trip Friday morning and I would not want to hold up the family."

Me: "It is so nice for you to consider the 'family'. Maybe you can go to the concert next year.

**I find it hilarious that we are now referred to as "the family."**

I had a terrible sinus headache yesterday and was doing everything possible to avoid having to take medicine. Doodle wanted to go swimming and I explained to him that the heat and water would already make a bad headache unbearable and that I just wanted to relax for a little while...

Doodle: "Mama, I know what you need to do about that headache you have."

Me: "What Honey? Please tell me so that it will stop hurting."

Doodle: "You know that umbility cord (umbilical cord) that goes to Camdyn? You let it get too dry and now she is mad and making your head hurt. You need to eat so that the umbility cord will fill back up and she won't make your head hurt anymore."

Me: "You think that will do the trick?"

Doodle: "Of course! Sometimes I think I am the only problem solver around this place."


As I find it harder to bend over, I am asking for assistance from Mr. Doodle Bug. A sack had fallen into the front floor board and I could not reach it and asked him, "baby, can you please hop into the front and grab that bag for me?"

Doodle: "Yes, mama but I am not a baby, I am already 5.

Me: "You are right, you are a big boy but you will always be my baby. Even when you are married you will still be my baby."

Doodle: "I have been thinking about that and I decided that I am not going to get married."

Me: "Why not???"

Doodle: "Well, all the girls my age are pretty good. They are pretty and would be good for me but older girls, well, I just can't seem to find one that would be good."

I was laughing so hard inside that I could not even respond. I guess he thinks girls stay the same age so he has to find an older one??? Not sure but glad to know that he is not into older women yet!

On the baby front....

Camdyn is a mover and a shaker. I cannot believe that something that only weighs one pound can cause the movement that she does. Last night I was laying on my bed feeling her move all around and ram her head into my side. I pulled my shirt up to see if I could "see" her and not just feel her. MSW was sitting at the computer and looked over just in time to see her do a huge flip that caused my whole belly to ripple. The look on his face was priceless! I keep telling him how much she moves and now he can see that for himself!

I need to find a support group for "Gone crazy girl shopping." How can the clothes and accessories be so cute? I must stop before I spend all our $$$. Today I hit the jackpot at Gymboree. They have a huge sale right now. I am talking $30.00 outfits marked down to $3.99 with 99 cent accessories. I bought her 8 outfits for $50.00. I purchased the pink Caden Lane bedding and have been working on all kinds of accessories for her and doodle's new rooms. I think I have "borrowed" every idea imaginable from Nursery Couture. Can't wait to have their rooms all put together. MSW should wrap up the painting in doodle's room tonight and then we can start moving him in there and then start painting the baby's room!

1 comment:

TheMalones said...

Your little man is too cute for words! Can't wait to meet the little lady!

It was good running into y'all the other day! And I LOVE your blog! I just recently set this up when my uncle set one up for my Nana to share updates with us on her battle with lung cancer.

But I hope to keep up with it now myself. Its pretty fun!

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!