Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Big Aspirations...like BIG!

 
Posted by Picasa


It is here...finally....summer vacation. I'm closing down day 2 of my favorite time of the year! I have big plans to become a regular blogger again. Really.

So far...awesomely great! During the day it is just me and Camy liz. I hope to reset my circadian rhythm soon as I am still waking up at 5:45 am. Early morning coffee and chats with my Mr. before the sun starts to peak through the windows. The boys are out the door by 7:30 am and then I tackle that list of things I want to get done.

So far I have completely cleaned out all the closets, drawers and washed everything from top to bottom upstairs....25 bags to Goodwill/Salvation Army and the top floor feels clean! Downstairs...well, that is a whole different project. Finally, after 10 LLLLOOOOONNNNGGGG years we are remodeling the kitchen. It was the reason we almost did not buy this house. It is the most utilized room in our house. We love to cook. We love to entertain. Why do we not have a kitchen we love? We will soon. I hope. It will still not be close to my dream kitchen...need to save that for my forever house but it will be improved. So, I will save all of that for a post of its own. But let's just say I'm painting my heart out at nap time.

I'm trying new recipes every night and I am reading books for pleasure...it is lovely! I am soaking up my days with my girl. I love having this one-on-one time with her. You should see that girl's dance moves. We dance, we laugh, we go for strolls. She naps and I frantically paint. I have alot of painting to do!

My heart is full and I'm absolutely loving this time and looking towards the months ahead. What a blessing to have a job I love and then to get the time off that I get. What a lucky girl! With that greatness comes hesitation too. Last May was rough...I'm not naive to that. In fact, I am reading a wonderful book, "Heaven is for Real" which is a little boy's account of his brief "visit" to heaven during an appendectomy. We are right at that one year mark of Michael laying on an operating table for an emergency appendectomy. His life lingered as that darn appendix poisoned his body....Camy's diagnosis came 2 days later. That overshadowed Michael's surgery as by that point he was in full recovery mode...I think I am just now going back and processing all that. What a month May '10 was for us. I hate all of that stuff we went through but I have to say that it puts a sweet perspective on my days this May. Stay away bad stuff....you are not welcome here!

1 comment:

KELLY said...

i am soooo excited that you are back!!!! i check every day!! your baby girl is so stinking precious....
i recently finished heaven is for real, and it is an AMAZING book!!! i just loved it!!!!

i pray that may 11 treats you much better than may 10, and since we are half way through, it seems it has!!!

have a great day with your cami, and god bless your beautiful family!!!!

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!