Thursday, May 19, 2011

~Baseball Mom~

 

Anticipation, nervousness....at the start of the game.
 

Playing 2nd base.
 

At catcher
 

Get a hit!

I proudly sport a t-shirt that reads, "Baseball Mom." It makes me crack a smile and puts some pep into my step. My toe nails are currently painted, "Cubs blue" thanks to Caden picking out the color that "you must wear, mama." Yes, oh yes I am so that mom. No matter what resistance I thought I could throw at my boys against it, I might (just might) be as wrapped up into this whole baseball thing as my boys. hooohmmmmm....

Last night was our last regular season game, a must win to get into the play-offs. Our boys played their hearts out. They won...big...12-5! For me, it is not so much about the win as it is the smile and giggles that it puts on their
faces. It is the proudness I see on my husband's face.

I love how before the game, all gathered tight in a huddle, Michael reminds them that "baseball is a gentleman's sport. So get out there and play with respect but most of all, have fun!" I love how when I am done with my "team mom" duties in the dug out, Caden always looks at me, gives me a thumb's up and says, "i've got this mom" which means he is fired up and ready to play!

Maybe he will play for years, maybe this is short-term...for now, I'm baseball mom!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!