Wednesday, November 3, 2010

She is one!

Dearest Camdyn,

Today you are one! Today we will celebrate the sweetest, baby girl! One year ago I was lying on an operating table so nervous but so ready to meet you. For so long you seemed like only a dream or a hope to us. But, today we rejoice in one year with our sweet princess. I don’t know what we did without you for you add so much happiness and sunshine to our lives’. You were born at 10:17 am….4 days before your scheduled c-section. We bonded immediately, it was like I had always known you from the second I looked into your little dark eyes. I wanted another baby so badly…boy or girl, it did not matter. However, from the moment daddy held you up to my face I had an overwhelming gratitude that you were a girl. I had no idea how much my heart truly desired a daughter.
You are a perfect mix of sugar and spice. You can hold your own and that comes in handy with your adoring, big brother. You love to be loved on and you greet me each morning with a big hug and sweet little pats. Sometimes those little pats become swats during the day when things don’t go your way and you feel the need to assert yourself. May you always be a perfect mixture of both!
I have this overwhelming desire to make things perfect for you. I have obsessed over your party. You deserve the perfect day. So as I woke up to thunderstorms this morning, my heart wept for you to have your perfect day. Daddy assured me that it would be great weather by party time and he was right. Maybe it stems from the pity I feel for you for having to deal with your bleeding disorder or the pain I feel each time you have to get poked and tested. I wish over and over that I could take it away from you! However, you are handling it with the grace and strength that only you could do. We count our blessings each day that you have not had any significant problems and my greatest prayer is that you never do. In fact, if a blood test did not show that you have low levels of Von Willebrand factor we would never know!
You are smart…so, so smart. You say so many words. Mama, dada, more, uh-oh spagettios and thank you. I swear you said “bless you” after I sneezed in the car the other day and when you are tired you whine…..mama, night-night, mama, night-night over and over until I take you to your crib. You love your room. On nights when I would much rather snuggle you in my bed you won’t have it and want your crib. You fall to sleep each night to your itunes playlist and your love-love and blanket near by.
You are starting to walk! I suspect that you really could have done it a couple of months ago as I would catch glimpses of you cruise from one piece of furniture to another without holding on but you officially waited until your first birthday to walk.
You are beautiful! Daddy and I always marvel at your beauty….your cute little cheeks, perfect little nose and sparkling eyes. I am told all the time how pretty you are so I know it is not just our bias, my sweets. With that prettiness comes the sass too. You love all things pink and frilly! You can shop for hours and run your little hands over all the clothes. When I show you an outfit that you really like, you light up and hold on to it for the rest of our shopping. You sit with me each morning as I apply my make-up like you are learning just how to do it to yourself one day. We are going to have so much fun together!
I love your baby rolls and chunky thighs. At 12 months you weigh in at 23 pounds! In some ways you look so much like Caden but you are also very much your own. You love your brother. He is patient and kind with you. He will sit for hours and read to you or roll a ball to you. You eat up any attention that he gives to you most of the time. When he keeps picking on you when we are in the car you have learned very quickly to give him a screech and shove his hand away to say you have had enough.
My most favorite of yours is your belly laugh…it starts out like a little rodent growl and escalates to full-on belly jiggling laugh. We call you the Camster Hamster because of the way you start your laugh. You laugh with your entire face and it does not take much to get you going. You think splashing around in the bath tub is the funniest thing that you have ever seen, followed only by brother’s fancy dance moves.
You are the only girl at Laura’s and that works to your advantage every day. I am pretty sure you do whatever you please there. I think Jayce is your favorite and you always share your food with him at lunch. Laura and Jesse call you “pink lady” in reference to your attire. You dress up every day because you love it, I love it and you have the most beautiful clothes. I realize I am creating a fashion diva and it does not bother me in the least!
You have made my life so much better and that is saying a lot because my life was perfectly happy before. So, Camy, sissy-belle, camster, the sister, baby girl, Elizabeth Wallis, Happy First Birthday, baby doll. I love you all the world!

Your adoring mama




 

She is a good one....a keeper for sure!

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!