Monday, October 11, 2010

A new day starts....Now!


I often hear, " I don't know how you do it all." I do not take it as a compliment, because I realize that I am spread so thin that I am not sure that I do any of it all that well. After alot of soul-searching and prayer, MSW and I decided that I would resign from work in December. This was two weeks ago. A week ago I set my appointment with my chair, VP and HR. In my mind, it was a done deal.

I will confess that there are aspects of my job that I really love. I love to teach. Really love it. I see my opportunity to work with students who have never had anyone support them my stewardship. I have met some of the most amazing people. I love my hours and the time that I have off. With all that goodness comes the yuck too. For the past five years I have been a supervisor. I have several faculty and staff that report to me. I take on alot of stress worrying about these people.

When I laid out my plan for the higher-ups I got a great gift back that I never expected. I was offered the opportunity to resign from my coordinator position and teach full-time,keeping my current salary, title and tenure. An offer that really is too good to be true. So as of today, I reinvent my professional self. I am DW, Assistant Professor...that is it...no more coordinator behind my name (that comes with all the admin headaches I was having.) As of today, I am only responsible for myself and 100% work for my students. Deep breath.

Friday night MSW and I had a date night that included painting my new office. A cute periwinkle blue. Today I moved in...a fresh start in a cute office. I am already feeling more balance in my life. I picked up my littles, was home in 20 minutes (love the new super street!!!!), dinner was cooked, served and eaten by 5:30 and then we spent the rest of the afternoon outside until the sun faded into the distance. I think this is all going to work out just fine...

2 comments:

The Daniel Family said...

Good for you girl! Sounds like things are on the perfect path. So glad you've found a flow that works for your day. Much love!

Maria Claudia said...

Congratulations! So happy for you.

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!