Sunday, November 7, 2010

Good Day with a "snack"

We were due for a great day! Camy's shots did not go well. NOT AT ALL! But that is a story for another time as I just don't have it in me to go through all of that again. MSW has been working very long hours all week due to year end close and on top of everything my dog of 9 years got out Friday night and is still missing. My strength, patience and heart have all been tested the past few days.

We were due for a good day.

Both littles slept through the night! Doodle has been dealing with a stomach bug of sorts and poor, baby girl was literally treated like a pin cushion on Thursday and has not slept well since. This mama and daddy needed some sleep and both angels, obliged. Of course, they were up at 5:00 am. Daddy got up and let me sleep a little longer. He brought up coffee about 7:00 which was his earnest attempt at waking me up for help...wink!

With already being up and it still being super early we decided to go to the 8:30 service at church instead of our normal 9:45. We learned the pre-requisitie of the 8:30 service requires being over the age of 65! Only one childcare room was open and there is no Sunday school at 8:30 for doodle so that meant into service with us he went.

We were due for a great day!

This morning we received Holy Communion and I soon realized this was doodle's first time. We sandwiched him in between us in line and he balked as soon as there was mention of blood and a cup thrust towards him. With an urge from either side, he lightly dipped his bread and went on. It was all lost on him.

The day was beautiful and glorious. We did some chores around the house, sat outside in the grass and finished up doodle's science fair project. We went to the gym as a family and I decided for some reason that I would take an 1.5 hour advanced yoga class. It was apparent very quickly that my core strength still has yet to return and my yoga language is rusty. My yogster lady spoke in Yogi the whole time. She eventually came over to me and pushed me lower into a poise and I am pretty sure that I will not be able to walk or move my arms tomorrow. But, I made it through and "passed" as she put it. It felt great to redirect my thoughts for that time. Nothing clears my head like a good workout.

We came home and I made a yummy dinner! Fall Pork chops, mashed potatoes and green beans. While we were eating we filled out our colorful leaves for the finishing touches to our 2010 Thankful Tree. You know, I would be lying if I did not hesitate and think about the things I don't feel lucky about. I am missing and worried about Sophie and I am beyond sad about all that Camy had to endure this week. However, I think the right thing...the healthy thing to do is focus on all the blessings. I worked really hard in church this morning to let go of the anger, frustration and self-pitty and move on and trust.

Before doodle went off to dreamland thinking about Nerf guns, silly bandz or sports; we talked about what the meaning of Holy Communion. He listened and nodded his head while I told the meaning. When I was done he said, "got it, mama and I just thought they were giving us a little snack to calm our nerves!"

Once I composed myself from laughing uncontrollably and kissing him all over for being so stinking cute, I had a second thought. You know what? I walked into church needing to find my peace with recent events and what I got was exactly a little "snack" that calmed my nerves. My clever boy!

And it was a really, really good day....all things considered.

No comments:

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!