Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine's 2010

We mark the occasion in the simpliest of ways....it is not a huge holiday in our house. We celebrate love everyday anyways. But, her outfit called for a special shoot. The day after I found out I was having a girl I went shopping, of course. This was one of the very first things I bought for her. I think I paid $1.97 for the top and maybe .99 for the tights on clearance at Old Navy. I waited and waited for this holiday so that I could dress her up in that outfit. I found the mini skirt a couple of weekends ago to go along with the outfit. I had hoped for an outdoor shoot but the cool temps made me want to keep my babies inside. So, that meant getting a little creative with the props.

Doodle has been really sick with bronchitis. He has coughed his little head off for the past couple of days. I did not think he would feel like or be up to a Valentine's Day shoot (assumed he is way too cool for that!) Boy, was I wrong. As he watched me set up sissy (he agreed to be my assistant) his little wheels must have began to turn. He disappeared to his room. He returned in his size 5T Valentine's Day shirt. I did not have the heart to tell him he had outgrown that shirt a couple of years ago. He even fixed his own hair. "Mama, when you are done with sissy I will do a shoot too." Oh melt my heart. He has always been my little model. He was the one I tried everything out on- how could I have even thought of leaving him out? I am so glad he wanted to do this too. And the images of my almost 6 year old still posing for me bring instant tears to my eyes. How did I get so lucky?????

And so we spent about 30 minutes having our "Valentine's Day Party Shoot." What these pictures may not reveal is this took place in sissy's room, her crib holding up the backdrop. Daddy in one corner making her smile and me from all angles trying to get the shot. We took time-outs when sissy would get a little too close to the candy and sneak a little lick. More time-outs for doodle to cough. I love the images but more so I love that they will always remind me of our Valentine's Day back when our littles were little and just the four of us could have so much fun with a $3.00 bag of Valentine hearts.

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Daniel Family said...

The pics are just beautiful! Happy Hearts Day to you all!

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!