Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thursday Muse

Because sometimes it is in the everydayness of it all....
I like to look back at my blog and see what I was doing one year ago at this time. Would be better if I blogged everyday....but, you know how that goes. So, just to document what is going on at the start of February 2010.

* I broke up a fight yesterday at work. A serious, punching of a guy's head into the ground fight. Between two Veteran students- damn PTSD! Grown men going at it because one popped off to the other. Why oh why am I always the only one around when these things happen? I was too scared to physically get between the two, they had fire in their eyes. So I yelled at them, screamed, actually. Eventually once I caught their attention they slowed enough for me to get in between them. The secretary had called campus police and they arrived just as I was worried that I was not going to keep them separated any longer. One was arrested, one had a huge knot by his eye. I hate fights! Period.

* I am loving Wednesday nights. MSW and doodle go to basketball practice. I love they have this "guy" time. They both come home so happy. I love that me and sissy have our girl time too. Last night, I gave her a bubbly bath and then I took a bubble bath. We both had on comfy pjs and we climbed into my big, warm bed and snuggled. She drifted off to sleep while I started re-reading Raising Cole. Love that book and loved being comfy and relaxing at 7:30.

* I am ready for the weekend to be here. I have several projects I need to work on. Namely, v-day stuff.

*Where is the sunshine???????? That's all I have to say about that.

* Sissy belle is wearing pink cowgirl boots and skinny leg jeans today. She looks ADORABLE!

* Doodle shared with me that he has a "crush" on Madison. But, it is a total secret. Only Cole knows and he has a crush on Courtney. Do they even know what a crush is? Love the innocence of being 5!

*We are working on all our summer plans and it makes me so excited. We are trying to decide if Camy is ready for a big trip or if we should just do some small trips. MSW has his guys' trip in the books and Nat and I are confirmed for our trip in May. As exciting as all that it is, I am also just looking forward to lazy summer afternoons at the pool with C & C. I bought Camy two suits last weekend. OMG!

*I teach back to back classes in just a few minutes. The first on Personality and the second on Altered States of Consciousness. I have two awesome lectures planned. I am a nerd bc I am so excited to get in there and do my thang! Love that I still get excited about teaching.

*The last thing I remember before falling asleep last night was MSW saying, "I am so happy you are my wife!" Love that man!

*And I am off to go rock out these two lectures! Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

The G' Unit said...

Dee...what a sweeet post! Esp. the last line you wrote...I love when Kent says that...it fills my heart up! ;o)

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!