Wednesday, June 8, 2011

NISOD Weekend

 

Silly in the hotel room.
 

Love this man!
 

My college peeps
 

My official NISOD picture...too school for cool!

Each year I write out my goals for the year....I keep a professional list and a personal list. Five years ago, receiving the NISOD award was put onto my professional list. I was really honored to receive it this year. You are chosen by your college President. The award includes a 4-day adventure. It began on Sunday afternoon at the Four Seasons hotel with receiving our medallions, being cheered down a tunnel of UT cheerleaders to a champagne toast in our honor. It was pretty awesome. The best part was that I was able to share most of it with my family. Michael and the littles came up on Sunday and stayed the night. They had to go back Monday evening because Caden had school on Tuesday.

I had two nights alone in a plush hotel. Sounds fabulous, right? Well, not so much I was so lonely as pathetic as that sounds. I did met up with my sweet friend, Hope for dinner and we had a great time. Michael (along with my college administration) came back on Wednesday for the closing session. If all that was not awesome enough, my video was chosen to play during the ceremony. It was so shocking to see my video up there but it provided bragging rights for my President which plays well to my tenure dossier that will cross his desk in the fall!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!