Thursday, June 2, 2011

IKEA-1 Dee-0

It was a bad idea from the beginning (and I knew it from the start.) It was our first night in the hotel room. At home, Camy sleeps in her bed, Caden in his and Michael and I in our California, comfy king. The hotel sleeping arrangements left us all tired the next morning. We first started with the girls in one bed and the boys in another. MSW and Caden fussed at each other like they were both 5. Stop kicking me, you are making me hot, be still, you are not giving me enough room...blahh blaah bla blaaaaaaaaaaaa. Finally, at 3 am I made MSW switch with me. Which only lead to him falling asleep and him and Camy falling into a snore-a-thon. He claimed it was because the bed was too soft which resulted in him sleeping with his legs up higher than his head which caused the snoring....ya'right. Caden, well, he decided to grind his teeth the rest of the night. At that point, I would be lying to you if I did not think about how I would have the next two nights all to myself. We awoke, unrested.

However, I still insisted on an afternoon trip to IKEA. I am not an IKEA rookie. In fact, when we lived in Houston I was a regular shopper. I'm prepared for the greatness and horribleness that place produces in one. Yet still, on a bad night's sleep, a few hours at the pool, no nap...sure let's go to IKEA.

My search started months ago. The perfect kitchen-prep table for my kitchen make-over. I found an ok one right from the start on IKEA's website. I searched high and low from that point to no avail. The IKEA table would be fine. Knowing we would be in Austin, with the truck, that's when we would get it. So off we went.

An hour into being there, I find the table. I needed to see it in person. It checked out and I liked it even more in person than on the website. Good sign. If you have ever been in IKEA you know that you have to weave through a maze to actually get to a warehouse area where you pick up your goods. Finally there, we find the bin and row for the table only to find that it is "out-of-stock." GAWD!!!! Just then, Camy decides it is time to take a poop. Lovely- especially since I had no wipes or diapers with me.

Luckily Michael had a back-up plan for the part (top of table) that was out-of-stock. As we stood in line for an hour to check out, enjoying the aroma of baby poop, fussy kids I promised myself no more trips to IKEA in the near future!

No comments:

About Me

Texas
Live, Laugh & Love...that's my battle cry! I love this life I've been given & blessed to share it with my handsome hubby, MW, my sweet son, doodle bug, and beautiful sissy belle!